X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sewage back up

I have 60 year old house, that is connected to city sewage. Every time we run our dishwasher, or flush our toilet our basement utility sink fills with dirty water. How do i stop this from happening? The (I believe) main outlet pipe has all up stairs draiage plugged in above the basement utility sink, I don't know if this simply needs a back flow stop or if this could be a clogged sewer line. How can I tell, and how can I fix this. Please Help!

Re: sewage back up

You need to have your line snaked out.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

you could rent a cable machine from home depot and try to figure out the best place to run the cable, usually roof vent, pulled commode or located cleanout, and be careful not get hurt by the cable, and try not to get it stuck, and be sure to use the right size cable, and dont let it get away from you and scratch your walls or break nearby fixtures.

but for a mainline blockage like that, its best to call a professional.

my mainline machine costs $2000. It will break fingers, and rip out hair if your not careful with it.

worth a try on your own to save money i guess, but be careful.

best of luck to you.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I may try to clear drain from my clean out, and if I don't succeed I will have a pro on standby. I know when i am out of my league, I just was hoping this might be a quick simple fix, but I had a feeling I was not going to be so lucky.

Comment

Working...
        X