Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drain backs up when you run washing machine

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Forget using the clay for repair. Pvs ,and use Quality BANDED COUPLINGS on the 2 connections.I feel this helps with roots Also do You have a clean out?? No / ,put one in Now at this connection. I use double sweep [ kelly fittings] Than You can snake to the house and the street [ I'll get beat up on this here] What You NEED TO DO is make a plastic tag that says DOUBLE SWEEP.
    Use a short section of chain and connect this to the clean out plug. Before back fill I run 2 pieces of 1" pvc to surface. I have roots ,on this same repair, on My own home. Once a year I run copersulfate with hot water to kill roots. Go ahead Brothers take Your Wacks at Me.
    He He
    tool, how many times have i told you to install either a "texas twin" or 2- combos that criss cross.

the problem with a single barrel cleanout riser is when the stoppage is down stream, the riser is full of crap and water. not easy to tell what direction your snake is running. sure you installed a warning tag, but that's a rarity and most people find out the hard way that it's a 2 way. they end up in a toilet or a roof

dig up the bad section from joint to joint. have the plumber come back and camera the balance of the line. he should cut you a deal to re-camera the line. then determine if al you need is the small repair and the twin riser cleanout. make sure to install a cleanout even if the line is perfect. run the riser/ risers to within 3'' of the lawn surface and get a plastic irrigation box and cover to bring the access flush with the lawn.

if it's in a planter, bring the pipe 6'' above the ground. you don't want to lose the c/o over the years.

i would also be concerned that the seller didn't disclose the sewer problem they had when they sold you the house weeks ago. there is no way they weren't aware of that problem.

rick.

tool 1 more steak and you'll owe me the cow
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      tool, how many times have i told you to install either a "texas twin" or 2- combos that criss cross.

the problem with a single barrel cleanout riser is when the stoppage is down stream, the riser is full of crap and water. not easy to tell what direction your snake is running. sure you installed a warning tag, but that's a rarity and most people find out the hard way that it's a 2 way. they end up in a toilet or a roof

dig up the bad section from joint to joint. have the plumber come back and camera the balance of the line. he should cut you a deal to re-camera the line. then determine if al you need is the small repair and the twin riser cleanout. make sure to install a cleanout even if the line is perfect. run the riser/ risers to within 3'' of the lawn surface and get a plastic irrigation box and cover to bring the access flush with the lawn.

if it's in a planter, bring the pipe 6'' above the ground. you don't want to lose the c/o over the years.

i would also be concerned that the seller didn't disclose the sewer problem they had when they sold you the house weeks ago. there is no way they weren't aware of that problem.

rick.

tool 1 more steak and you'll owe me the cow
      ME BAD , 1 COW cumin Up
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

tool

copper sulfate. i have used that and salt for repairs most of my life. no one mentioned c s so i figured we weren't suppose to. so i never mentioned it. when i do a repair i pour a bag of water softener salt on each connection. no call backs. breid......

Comment

Seems like he oughta just stop doing laundry!

Comment

i thought you couldn't buy cs in ca

Comment

Okay, I took out the broken clay. Went to the plumbing supply store and picked up a 10' stick of 4" abs and a couple fernco fittings. Cut the plastic to fit, put it all together tested it for leaks then buried it. Done. My first plumbing endever is over, thanks for the help guys. This forum is an amazing wealth of information and a great example of what an amazing thing the internet can be.

Comment

Are you sure you're allowed to bury ABS where you live? I know we can in Alberta in a house only but I think its illegal in other provinces, I'm not sure as I don't have a code book. I know there are also certain places in the states where you need PVC, other guys mentioned it before.
                -Good luck

Comment

Miles of it underground here.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
                    i thought you couldn't buy cs in ca
                    How much You need?

Comment

dont let dan find out your poisoning the ground water

Comment

just found out we will be doing this exact same project @ the gf's new house. Hopefully ours goes as smoothly as yours did

Comment

Working...
                        X