X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation of Cleanouts in 40 year old sewer line

I own a house in Florida which no sewer clean outs were installed in the sewer line between the house and the street sewer tap. At the time the house was constructed thin wall PVC pipe was used for sewer pipe between the house and street sewer utility. Since the present code calls for schedule 40 pipe do you think I would have any problems if I installed clean outs using schedule 40 pipe in combination with rubber couplings between the thin wall original sewer pipe and the new cleanout fittings. The plan is to cut a short section in the middle of the run between the house and the street and install the cleanouts as described above.
    Any suggestions on a different method would be welcomed.

Re: Installation of Cleanouts in 40 year old sewer line

the only issue is the differences in the outside diameter/ od.

the thin wall will have a smaller od than the sch. 40.

you will need to find a transition band to adapt to .

do you know the thin wall sch?

out here we can use sdr35 outside or sch. 40 inside or outside.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

You should have no problem I install them all the time down here in Florida the rubber fernco works perfect just cut a 2-3 ft piece out and install your cleanout and use the rubber fercos at both ends
      You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Thanks for both of your replys.

Comment

I would do the same but i cut a thin wall cpl in half and glue it on each end of the thin wall...that will give you the same outside dia as sch 40 and make a firmer conection for your no hub cpl

Comment

You should be able to glue one of the two joints with a little effort. They make adapters for sdr 35 to sch 40, or a sdr35 coupling fits into a sch 40 bell nicely. No hub bands around the outside of the fernco for the other joint will really firm it up; stick 2 2" no hub bands together and the assembly will fit around a 4" fernco right between the fernco's clamps. an sdr 35 coupling is the same od as sch40 pipe; cut a coupling in half and glue it onto the sdr pipe at the joint you are using the fernco for and the diameters will match nicely and you won't need the stepped fernco and the nohub bands will wrap nicely.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
            X