Weil-McLain boiler turning itself on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weil-McLain boiler turning itself on

I have a Weil-McLain CG series 11 boiler that without either the heating system or the hot water calling,W turns itself on and fires the boiler. This then over heats because there are no circulating pumps running. Anyone know anything about this occurrence?

Re: Weil-McLain boiler turning itself on

call a service man NOW. boilers aren't to trifled with. shut the gas off to unit. breid

Comment

Re: Weil-McLain boiler turning itself on

Originally posted by Gloucester View Post
      I have a Weil-McLain CG series 11 boiler that without either the heating system or the hot water calling,W turns itself on and fires the boiler. This then over heats because there are no circulating pumps running. Anyone know anything about this occurrence?
      Based on your statement I assume you have a tankless heating coil in your boiler for domestic hot water. That type of boiler is wired to keep the water in the boiler hot all the time so you do not start with cold water when you open a hot water tap. The boiler has an aquatstat that senses the water temp and fires the boiler when the temp drops. Does not need to be callng for heat or hot water to fire.

Comment

Working...
      X