X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Pressure and stench

OK, I'm reading wrench spinner's thread with much enthusiasm. My girlfriend's place has the same water pressure deal, now I need to do more investigation on what kind of a pump set up she has.

So now I'll move onto my question, her water stinks, all the water lines comes out smelling like a beauty salon. The well was treated and the smell went away temporarily, then came back. They thought that there was bacteria growing in the lines and the well. Treatment didn't work. There is a water softener hooked up, this doesn't do anything for the smell.

Water filter on the fridge does work and takes the smell away, the water smells and taste so bad, I won't cook with the water, brush my teeth, nothing but a shower, even then I wonder if I stink after doing that.

Could the two problems be related? Not enough water in the well and the smell? However, there could be enough water, I'm just guessing at this point. The water was tested some years back and it passed as clean water, how many years ago, I don't know. Any suggestions, would be great..... Mark
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Well, Pressure and stench

mark, they need to test it first, one i know what is in there i can tell you how to get rid of the problem!

Comment

Re: Well, Pressure and stench

Unlikely the smell and the pressure are related. If a good job was done on the chlorination and the smell returned its likely the well actually has sulfur and not iron bacteria. Only way to be sure is to test the water. You'd want a test at the house done not a comprehensive test at a lab. Local water treatment companies can and will do a sulfur test generally for free(with the intent to sell a treatment) or at minimal cost. A carbon filter like those found on fridges will take sulfur out. Depending on the amount of sulfur other methods might be better.

It is recommended you do a comprehensive test every year. Those cost 200-400 dollars. I don't pressure annual testing for most people you should at least have the test done once so you have that data.

There are a lot of problems that can cause low pressure. Many have little to do with the yield of the well. You'd need to have someone that knows what they are doing take a look at it. Troubleshooting it yourself will more likely cause you trouble.

Comment

Working...
      X