X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tub valve replacement

Can one of you plumbers reccommend a tub valve for me? I need one that controls the volume without changing the temperature. My Dad is confined to a wheelchair and gets showers from a nurse (lucky him) sitting down. So she hoses him down, shuts the water off to bathe him and turns the water back on to rinse him off. The present tub valve is a Kohler with a spout diverter and a hand held shower mounted to the shower arm. If it was just a shower I know I could use a Symmons Temptrol shower valve with the volume shut off where the diverter would be on a tub/shower valve. It's a hassle for her to adjust the temperature to suit my dad and I'd like to make it easier for her. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by killavolt; 08-25-2009, 08:20 AM.

Re: Tub valve replacement

Moen makes a temperature control valve that you use seperate diverters to actually turn the water on and off with. We use those quite a bit.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Delta Monitor valve type P has what you are looking for. Water volume is controlled with the main lever and the temp is controlled with the outer lever. I just put finish in on one today. Not all Monitor valves have the type P cartridges and the valve body has to be the type P style.
      ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Thanks guys. The Delta Monitor type P looks like it'll work just fine. Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

Comment

Working...
        X