X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Placement

My present toilet has a 14" space between the hold-down bolts and the back wall. While shopping for a new one I was told that all toilets now are made for a 12" rough-in. He said the new ones are okay to install and will just be a couple of inches away from the wall instead of up against it. I can live with that so I bought a Cadet 3 based on what I've read on this forum. When looking at that install specs it states you should only use the model that fits your rough-in. Will this stool be okay on the 14" rough-in?

Thanks, Big G

Re: Toilet Placement

Originally posted by Big G View Post
    My present toilet has a 14" space between the hold-down bolts and the back wall. While shopping for a new one I was told that all toilets now are made for a 12" rough-in. He said the new ones are okay to install and will just be a couple of inches away from the wall instead of up against it. I can live with that so I bought a Cadet 3 based on what I've read on this forum. When looking at that install specs it states you should only use the model that fits your rough-in. Will this stool be okay on the 14" rough-in?

Thanks, Big G
    It will work fine. But it will have more air space between the tank and the wall behind it.

It is incorrect that "all toilets now are made for 12" rough-ins".

10", 12", 14" are available.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
    X