Well Water Storage Tanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Water Storage Tanks

If you were going to replace the water storage tank for a private well system, would you go for air over water (the old type), a tank with a bladder bag inside or a spring loaded diaphragm type tank? Let's say that for a given 30-50 PSI range all of the above had very similar draw down and there was loads of room so the tank size isn't a problem. What would you go with? Please don't worry about $$$ unless there's a big difference as quality normally pays off over time.

Re: Well Water Storage Tanks

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
    If you were going to replace the water storage tank for a private well system, would you go for air over water (the old type), a tank with a bladder bag inside or a spring loaded diaphragm type tank? Let's say that for a given 30-50 PSI range all of the above had very similar draw down and there was loads of room so the tank size isn't a problem. What would you go with? Please don't worry about $$$ unless there's a big difference as quality normally pays off over time.
    Bladder type. But I have to confess that I'm ignorant to the spring loaded diaphragm type. Just don't see them here.

Old type with air/volume control can be something to work on at unpredictable intervals.

J.C.

Comment

Thanks JC

I'm partial to the old school air over water with a manual method for adding air. It's the old K I S S way, but when they water log it can be a PITA at times.

Comment

my opinion would be to go the bladder tank, If sized properly they will last a long time, in my experience,

in my opinion that is the simple method,

the air only tanks it seems your all ways having to check and see if it is correct,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
          The air only tanks it seems your all ways having to check and see if it is correct.
          And how!!!

Comment

If it is a drain-back line to the well head then you need the air over water or it will put air in the system every time the pump cycles.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Well-x-trol bladder tank every time. WX203 as the smallest I use. Bigger then that depends on what the pump produces. Bigger tank is generally always better for the life of the pump.

Comment

Working...
              X