Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta VS Moen shower valves

Hi,
    All over the forums and internet the pros recommend Delta #1 in shower valves for ease of repair,finding parts years down the road and durability and Moen #2.When I was in Lowes I opened the most expensive Delta that fit my requirements(chrome,single handle shower only valve) and the valve body was all plastic.I opened the cheapest Moen and the valve body was brass.That would lean my decision towards Moen.Am I missing something?
    P.S. I heard that the Moen Posi-temp is a ***** to repair,if Moen is the better choice should I look for one without Posi-Temp?
    Thanks.

I hope you're kidding

I'll pay you for your time to go back to that store and find that Delta, if you're correct and show us with camera phone stills or video of an all plastic Delta shower faucet.

If you're describing the cartridge, that will be plastic, but not the valve body.

The valve body is what makes the faucet what it is. It's the R10000 valve body and it is being mass produced to offer the fix to the older style with the 3 copper tube style.

That above design is a flaw, but only to the unknown that don't realize that's a two wrench trick to remove a frozen bonnet nut.

If all plumbers who installed that damn valve to begin with, with a penny's worth of grease on the bonnet nut, those disasterous results would of never became what they are.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Re: Delta VS Moen shower valves

Hi Dunbar,
      I replied to you on the other forum in case you look here first.
      Thanks.

Comment

Hi,
        Thanks for post.Since I didn't have time yet to go back to Lowes,I called Delta and asked if the particular shower faucet model that I wanted which is also sold in HD has or has not a brass valve body.They did indeed confirm that it is the R10000 valve body which of course is brass.Sorry for the confusion.I think what happened is that when I opened the Moen box,the cartridge and body were all together and I saw it was immediately brass.When I opened the Delta box I only saw the cartridge,and looked no further for the brass body and assumed it was plastic.Again,sorry and thanks for the posts.I'll be going with the Delta.

Comment

Thanks for following up, Much appreciated.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
          X