Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage Disposal vibrates excessivley

Hello All!
    I recently moved into a new place and the garbage disposal's RPMs are too much that it makes a very loud news and shakes the entire adjoining counter space over my dish washer. I notified our property manager and she said that that's just the way they are and there's nothing they can do.

SOMETHING's gotta give b/c it's just too obnoxious to use. Are there any suggestions for taming the vibration/noise? It's not an Insinkerator.

Thanks so much for your help in advance!
    Kathy

Re: Garbage Disposal vibrates excessivley

Originally posted by Excess_Noise_Help View Post
    Hello All!
    I recently moved into a new place and the garbage disposal's RPMs are too much that it makes a very loud news and shakes the entire adjoining counter space over my dish washer. I notified our property manager and she said that that's just the way they are and there's nothing they can do.

SOMETHING's gotta give b/c it's just too obnoxious to use. Are there any suggestions for taming the vibration/noise? It's not an Insinkerator.

Thanks so much for your help in advance!
    Kathy
    Install an Insinkerator.

If you had the name and model of what is installed it would be easier to give you advice. However, I would imagine it is just a cheap unit which is going to be loud. It is probably got other issues as well but not enough for an owner to want to change it.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Just out of curiosity - is this disposal itself brand new? is the dishwasher drain tied into it?

Comment

Whirlaway = Junk

Comment

a couple of items to consider.

is the sink a stainless steel sink? thin gauge will always vibrate.

also look inside of the disposal and see if there is anything lodged inside. also does it have a swivel style impeller? i've seen where one was missing and threw the whole thing out of balance.

the high speed disposals such as whirl a way are traditionally louder and vibrate more.

by holding onto the outer shell of the disposal while it's running, does it quiet down the vibration?

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Love google earth . The mounting ring under the disposal is Loose. Empty all that mess
            from under neath out! 25 lb. bag of Kat litter? You don't have a KAT !!. P.S. Helen is a FAT lier! You have the only LOUD ONE !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
            X