X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: recommend a good tankless please

Plumbworker, very nice job ! Always nice to see professional work done and tradesmen that remember what quality is all about !

Comment

Originally posted by housecarer View Post
      are those coils work as heat exchanger? Why I ask this because the solar fluid is not drinkable, it is antifreeze fluid. My exising heat changer has double wall to prevent leaking.
      absolutely. All indirects are that way. Your boiler only runs at about 15 pis. City water where i live is about 80 to 120 psi. so if they weren't a heat exhanger it would be blowing off the relif valve all day long. They are intended for anti freeze being run through them on both the boiler and the solar side.

Comment

Re: recommend a good tankless please You Betcha

I'm fond of My rubbermaid Thermo 500. No expansion tank required,Quiet as a mouse.
        One problem the trash man has taken it twice,so far.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: recommend a good tankless please You Betcha

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          I'm fond of My rubbermaid Thermo 500. No expansion tank required,Quiet as a mouse.
          One problem the trash man has taken it twice,so far.
          Got a picture of it, Tool?

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
            it depends on what type of solar system you have you might want to look into something like this a indirect solar tank with boiler backup the back up piping in not completed in the pic though...

Those babies look like they're 75 gallon units. Anything larger than 65 gallons requires 3 straps. And, where's the insulation on the hot and return lines. Clean work, though! Why two bibs on the return past the check? Why two gauges on return before the check? T & P dumped on the floor?? I don't think Dan would like that.
            Last edited by Plumbus; 09-28-2009, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Following this thread, makes my laugh ! Good looking work, missing a few things, but so what, looks great !

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                Those babies look like they're 75 gallon units. Anything larger than 65 gallons requires 3 straps. And, where's the insulation on the hot and return lines. Clean work, though! Why two bibs on the return past the check? Why two gauges on return before the check? T & P dumped on the floor?? I don't think Dan would like that.
                Their 80gal. and actually mr shea did inspect this and called me on the straps i told him i would add two more straps (not shown in pic) as for the bibs ones a low point drain and the vertical bibs with the ball valve in between is the "block and purge" for filling the collector with glycol. The valve is closed and the bibs are opened you fill from the top bib glycol goes up the collector and back through to coil in the tank then purged from the bottom one. The gauge is a temp and pressure and the other gauge is being used as a plug during test lol thats where the expansion tank will sit.. as for the domestic return nothing had been insulated yet every tube in that room was insulated period even the cold. the floor is pitched and he didn't say a damn word about the t&ps, Thanks for keeping me in check scott
                Last edited by plumbworker; 10-03-2009, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

it must be a big house or a commercial building. what is that four taco boxes? controller? why four?

the initial investment must be close to 10 thousand.

Comment

Nice work . Scott

Comment

ok stupid question here you all keep mentioning the straps on water heaters. Is that just for California or something? I ask because the inspector here in Hudson NY has never mentioned any such thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X