X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend a good tankless please

plan to add a gas tankless, I have two bathrooms and 4 of us. no idea which tankless is good or bad. please tell me few good brands and models.
    thanks,

Re: recommend a good tankless please

a little expensive but it is where the tech is going http://www.eternalwaterheater.com/

Comment

Your recent posts indicate you are installing a high efficiency gas boiler. The most obvious solution is to add a indirect fired heater to that installation.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Your recent posts indicate you are installing a high efficiency gas boiler. The most obvious solution is to add a indirect fired heater to that installation.
        you are right we are in the process to convert oil to gas. what is the "indirect fired heater"? is that a water tank and water inside is heated by water from the boiler?

Comment

Originally posted by housecarer View Post
          you are right we are in the process to convert oil to gas. what is the "indirect fired heater"? is that a water tank and water inside is heated by water from the boiler?
          Yes. The boiler's hot water has a heat exchanger that is used to transfer the heat to the holding tank.

Comment

This way you are using a 93%+ gas appliance to heat your hot water instead of a less efficient tankless heater. Lower installation cost and much longer lifespan with the indirect heater.

I can't believe the estimators you've had out there haven't covered this with you already

Comment

My case is little complex. I have a solar panel hot water system which has electical back up. that hot water tank needs to be replaced now. we are thinking buy a storage tank only for the solar panel system and use the tankless as the backup. we can do manual switch. most of time we are going to use solar energy and also we don't want to heat entire tank each time because we may only a little and next is good sunshine.

Comment

Bosch makes a tankless heater that is designed specifically for solar backup (1600PS-NG) I've worked on and removed more Bosch tankless heaters than I care to think about.

I'm sure there is a way to use the boiler as a backup to the solar tank using a plate heat exchanger maybe.

What does your solar guy recommend?

Comment

it depends on what type of solar system you have you might want to look into something like this a indirect solar tank with boiler backup the back up piping in not completed in the pic though...

Comment

Plumbworker, I don't know what most of that stuff on the solar tank is, but it sure is pretty.

Comment

Why does this thread seem like we are just trying to over complicate things?

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post

what is your idea?

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post

Over complicate ? We are watching some of the best ,experienced ,tradesman respond here.

I don't know about anyone else, I'm not qualified to be their Lackey!
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Im pretty sure buderus offers a storage tank that has 2 coils through it. coil 1 would be your solar wich would be your primary. and then the 2nd coil would be from your boiler. this would only run when your solar was not mantainging the sufficient temperature. Im almost positive its buderus though. Ill get the flyer i looked at from the supply house tomorow and post the info on it. NM found the web page. Here you go. I personally would use this so you only need to have 1 tank.
                            http://www.buderussolar.com/Products...3/Default.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by mtburdick View Post
                              Im pretty sure buderus offers a storage tank that has 2 coils through it. coil 1 would be your solar wich would be your primary. and then the 2nd coil would be from your boiler.
                              are those coils work as heat exchanger? Why I ask this because the solar fluid is not drinkable, it is antifreeze fluid. My exising heat changer has double wall to prevent leaking.

Comment

Working...
                              X