X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love cold showers.....HELP

Hello.....I have a Weil-McLain CGa that is not firing up. Well here is what is going on. The control unit was replaced two weeks ago. (thought that was the issue) I had only power and Tstat lights on the control unit lit. Nothing flashing...but not firing up. The WM manual said it was the control module according to the errors that were presented....I might have read it wrong...but dont think so. Anyway...I replaced the control module and it still did not work. I then wiggled each wire to see if I had a seated wire and nothing was loose. Turned the power on and wham...fired rigt up. I have a feeling it was a loose connection, but it worked and I let well enough be. Now tonight I have the same issue. Tried to wigle each wire...but noting. I have a feeling that one of the sensors/therm stat crapped out. I am familuar with low volltage and have worked as an electrician in the past. Not a boiler man...but lets just say I dont have to call anyone when things break. My boiler might be the first.

How is the senors wired...in paralell?

Any help would be a big help

Thanks,
    Mike

Re: I love cold showers.....HELP

A former electrcian should know how the sensors are wired

http://www.weil-mclain.com/downloads...ilermanual.pdf

Go to chapter 9a (page 37)

what is the sequence when you turn the switch on?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK View Post
      I am familuar with low volltage and have worked as an electrician in the past. Not a boiler man...but lets just say I dont have to call anyone when things break. My boiler might be the first.

How is the senors wired...in paralell?

Any help would be a big help

Thanks,
      Mike
      check for a schematic and that should answer all your questions.
      a electrician should of all ready done this

Comment

OK.....so I said I worked as a electrician. That was 25 years ago. You have to cut me some slack. I see what you are talking about. I did manage to get it running. The sensor on the flue pipe...I pressed on the button in the middle of both wires. Go figure....if you have any other suggestions that would be great.

Oh....if you ever need some computer help. Let the qeustions fly....I work in the computer field.

Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

well since you had to push the button on that flue you really should have your chimney looked at. Thats a roll out sensor. That only trips when the heat comes back out of the flue and rolls up indicating something is majorly wrong. Normally need a chimney cleaning. Or the are birds or some other thing in the way. I would do that urgently. Or chance of carbonmonixide poisoning.

Comment

Ok thats the Blocked Flue sensor. It tripped for a reason and you need to find out why.

The Effkail(sp?) damper on the Weil McClain are a little touchy, I like to leave them in Manual mode rather than Auto. Sometimes the micro switch shows the damper as being open but it's actually partially closed. (Partially closed will trip the Blocked flue switch)

Check the chimney for proper draft and dead birds.

If it trips again, don't reset it, call a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              Ok thats the Blocked Flue sensor. It tripped for a reason and you need to find out why.

The Effkail(sp?) damper on the Weil McClain are a little touchy, I like to leave them in Manual mode rather than Auto. Sometimes the micro switch shows the damper as being open but it's actually partially closed. (Partially closed will trip the Blocked flue switch)

Check the chimney for proper draft and dead birds.

If it trips again, don't reset it, call a professional.
              You boys are getin complicated again!! Only kidin DAN
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
              X