Vent Stack Where?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vent Stack Where?

Well then,as soon as you find out that your offset to get you to the exterior wall doesn't put you over the limit of 135 degrees of aggregate change of direction on you main you'll have covered another of the many issues.

Have you made a list of fittings yet?

Long turn 90's,medium turn 90's,vent 90's.
    san-tee's,Comby's,wyes.
    These all have applications that need be adhered to.One cannot just go from point A to Point B with whatever fitting they find convenient.

Have you done any research on these fittings and their applications.It would be a big deal for me to try explain this.Sorry

Don't forget to wrap where you penetrate concrete(issue#57)
    Don't forget to use sand under and 6" above pipe to prevent pipe damage.(issue#84)
    I can go on for hours,especially with my typing Skills

Comment

Originally posted by JeffeVerde View Post
      Thanks for the input, Skool. That's a great diagram of various drain/vent combinations . . . except for the one thing I'm unclear on - an adjacent tub and toilet, and if a single vent can service both.

My tub drain and closet flange are 2' apart, and I'm running a cleanout/vent up the wall behind the toilet. Do I have to run a seperate vent for each, or can they share a vent (the tub sits in a bay window, so even if it requires it's own vent, the nearest usable wall is alongside the toilet's vent)? If shared, does the vent branch off between the two fixtures, or upstream of the toilet?
      Go for it PlumbingSkool

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Go for it PlumbingSkool
        Me?

I was just trying to post a diagram to give him a heads up for what was involved.

Your posts above were way better then mine, and your information dirtyhands was spot on.

I was just more or less trying to show him that he really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really

Should call a Plumber at this point

Comment

I like your typing skills

They are really good, want to write some articles

Comment

Your a trip

Comment

Both you guys are killin me !

Comment

Well then,as soon as you find out that your offset to get you to the exterior wall doesn't put you over the limit of 135 degrees of aggregate change of direction on you main you'll have covered another of the many issues.
                Homerun to the street -- zero degrees aggregate change at the poing I'm taking off the existing line

Have you made a list of fittings yet?
                It depends on whether I have to put a vent upstream of the tub's trap, or if it can share the WC's vent.
                -If the tub can share the WC"s vent, then it's an 1/8 bend towards the WC, a wye branching to the tub's trap, with the thru line continuing 2' to the WC's closet bend and vent.
                -If the tub requires a vent upstream of it's trap, then a wye at the takeoff point with the 45 branch going to the closet bend and it's vent. The thru branch of the wye extends 5' the tub edge, long sweep 90 towards the tub's drain, sani-tee to the trap and vent, and 3 vent 90's to get into the wall behind the toilet, where I'll T into it's vent stack above the cleanout. I'd come into the tub trap with a 90 instead of 45, because I need room to bring the vent back out of that crowded corner.

Long turn 90's,medium turn 90's,vent 90's.
                san-tee's,Comby's,wyes.
                These all have applications that need be adhered to.One cannot just go from point A to Point B with whatever fitting they find convenient.

Have you done any research on these fittings and their applications.It would be a big deal for me to try explain this.Sorry
                It's been a lo-o-o-ng time (think mirror balls and platform shoes), but I've built a dozen or so 4000+sf spec houses with my family, doing everything but the concrete work, and I've got an associates degree in construction technology, which included a year of class and hands-on instruction in plumbing. So I guess you could say I've done some research.

Don't forget to wrap where you penetrate concrete(issue#57)
                Of course -- duck tape, or toilet paper (I've seen both )

Don't forget to use sand under and 6" above pipe to prevent pipe damage.(issue#84)
                I can't remember the last time I saw lines shaded with sand. Usually you're lucky if they avoid the bigger rocks as they shovel the fill back in. But yes, I was planning on using sand -- don't want a damaged pipe under the slab.

I appreciate your feedback. While it's been a while, this isn't my first rough-in rodeo. But in this specific instance, with the constraints of the bay window, footings all around, and not many places to run a vent, I was looking for expert advice on a best solution to vent the tub.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                  Me?

I was just trying to post a diagram to give him a heads up for what was involved.

Your posts above were way better then mine, and your information dirtyhands was spot on.

I was just more or less trying to show him that he really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really

Should call a Plumber at this point
                  Really, only 632?

Comment

Maybe I'm old and grumpy, or, I may be crazy, but for the life of me I do not understand why so many licensed professional plumbers are attempting to help a finish carpenter perform a plumbing contractor's work??

This is heck of a lot more than helping a homeowner with installing a ballcock or faucet. It has already "really" been suggested that he get a plumber. Why are you continuing to help him take bread out of the mouth of a licensed local plumber who probably could use the work in this down economy, without having to travel 10 hours to get to the job.

This thread is ridiculous and should be ended by the Moderators ( if that is what they are called).

End of rant!!

Comment

Working...
                    X