Big Rock in sewer line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Rock in sewer line

I say try pushing it with the camera first if not then try cable/cutter. But it depends on the size of the rock and if it will get lodged at the city tie in. As mentioned before where the rock came from is your biggest concern.

Comment

I am not a plumber or drain cleaner.

The questions I have are............

1. How much further to the city main?

2. Does your drain line come out in a manhole?

Don't know if that would help anybody give you a better idea of what to do or not. I know what I would do if it were mine.

G3

Comment

i doubt that rock is anywhere the size i pushed out of a 6'' sewer line for a new fire station. the camera had no problem keeping it moving downstream.

remember we are not ramming the rock, merely pushing it.

a jetter is better for pulling, than pushing. i would use a snake over a jetter and a camera over a snake.

remember the camera has eyes and you can guide it very easy. the snake can get you in trouble if the cutter gets ahead of the rock. the jetter is more money in their pocket and would be the last thing i would use.

it would require more water coming out the front jet than i think they can generate.

if all else fails, i would use the camera for guidance and a 1/2'' fiberglass push rod for the push.

not as complicated as it sounds.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
          One of the most important questions here is how did the rock get down there? Is there a break in the line somewhere?

The reason for that question is because if there is a break in the line then it needs to be replaced or repaired and why spend money to get a rock out then repair the line. That would make no sense.
          He just bought the house.
          Stuff happens while a house is in a transition period.
          Some deliberately generate situations for one reason or another.

PS.
          Wow Rick,your rock was the biggest again.We need to get you a trophy or something.

Comment

Good job Rick.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I guess the last Guy never heard this " JUST DO IT!"
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

That's why I don't have a problem helping people
                who ask for it on this forum. So many have already
                been fleeced by a so called "plumber". What's sad
                is it is usually the nationally recognized franchises.
                At least they can come here for trustworthy advice.

Comment

If he just bought the house, would it not be covered under some kind of warrenty. I thought the house inspectors were susposed to check out everything before the sale.

Just thinking out loud.

G3

Comment

[QUOTE=drtyhands;254261]He just bought the house.
                    Stuff happens while a house is in a transition period.
                    Some deliberately generate situations for one reason or another.

That is very true and a good point. When I was looking for a house about five yrs ago I looked a few that where foreclosures and I remember one that all the plumbing in the house had been disconnected and doors taken off the hinges. The toilet was placed in the bedroom

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
                      If he just bought the house, would it not be covered under some kind of warrenty. I thought the house inspectors were susposed to check out everything before the sale.

Just thinking out loud.

G3
                      The real estate community is just now utilizing camera work.
                      Maybe a few odd instances before(High Dollar properties with money to burn).Now becoming more mainstream.

Comment

I'd go with a full size SeeSnake while a little water is running to push the rock.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post

Just thinking out loud.

G3
                          Home inspections are a joke. Even if they don't find glaringly obvious problems the contract says they aren't responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                            Wow Rick,your rock was the biggest again.We need to get you a trophy or something.
                            i'll have to get a picture of it at the shop. this was a keeper that i wanted to give to joey. told her i brought home a "big rock" and she was thinking a nice diamond

i managed to push it to a c/o about 5' deep and the porta potty truck was able to grab hold of it with the help of the camera.

i need a trophy to 1 up joeys bowling trophy

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              i'll have to get a picture of it at the shop. this was a keeper that i wanted to give to joey. told her i brought home a "big rock" and she was thinking a nice diamond

i managed to push it to a c/o about 5' deep and the porta potty truck was able to grab hold of it with the help of the camera.

i need a trophy to 1 up joeys bowling trophy

rick.

Nothing says I love you honey than "I got you a rock out of the sewer today, here you go"

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                                Nothing says I love you honey than "I got you a rock out of the sewer today, here you go"
                                For some reason it is reminding me of a cat trophy, but I'm sure having a real cat trophy pulled out of a sewer would be much worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X