Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Rock in sewer line

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    forclosed home. if i can't use it, neither can they.

i got the perfect house warming gift

any other ideas

rick.
    Or a cute little Gal ,with a bag of rocks in a PT CRUSER !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I will take some picture and post 'em up. I hope the rock can be pushed out tomorrow. I'll let you guy know the result. Wish me luck, a lot of luck.
      Have a good weekend,

Tea

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Tea View Post
          I will take some picture and post 'em up. I hope the rock can be pushed out tomorrow. I'll let you guy know the result. Wish me luck, a lot of luck.
          Have a good weekend,

Tea
          Good Luck, Tea

Take LOTS of pictures, we all want to know how it went

Comment

Been waiting for more on this... Crack? I thought you were doing it?

Thanks for staying with us Tea, we want to know!
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Good Morning all,
              I am so happy to report this to you guy. Plumberscrack, Mr. Bill stoped by my house last Saturday morning to look at the problem. Bill used the camera to look at sewer line first. For some reason, we didn’t see any big rock when we passed the 47 feet. When we got to the 52 feet mark, we saw water standing still. Bill pulled the camera out, and used the snake. The snake hit something, but not sure if it was rock. It clear the water standing. Bill pull the snake out, and we saw some kind of rags cloth. After the water all gone, Bill used the camera again. The camera got to the 72 feet when it hit the public pipe.
              For some reason, the guy from Roto Rooter camera showed me some object looked like a big rock at the 47 feet mark. I was pretty sure that it is the live video, because I asked him to move the camera back and forward to see if that actually rock or what. Now think about it, it might be some plastic. The camera might have been too bright, and a lot of glare, so Roto Rooter might of mistake it was the rock. He could of keep using the snake with different head for push everything out to the main public.
              Anyway, I am happy that it was clear now. My sewer is cast iron. It’s not running straight from the cleanout to the public. It made several turn, may be because of the existing tree when they built the old house. The contractor probably took out the tree when they rebuilt the house in 2007.
              I will post some picture, and the video to share it with you guy. The video is a bit too bright, and have some glare. Bill offered me to come back, and give me another video inspection free of charge. But I told him, no need to come back since the pipe already clear, and Bill did mark the intersection of my sewer pipe and the public for me.
              Bill, I want to thank you very much for coming out on Saturday to fix the problem for me. You are very professional, honest, and tell me everything upfront. I also want to thank everybody who replyied to all my questions. Even before my sewer pipe got clear by Bill, I found some comfort after reading all your suggestions, and informations. I really appreciate that. I can sleep well now.
              God Bless you all, and I fell so good.

Tea

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              Good Luck, Tea

Take LOTS of pictures, we all want to know how it went
              Last edited by Tea; 10-06-2009, 09:45 AM.

Comment

That is a beautifull thing.Congratulations Tea.Thank you for the recognition.
                Good job William,grab yourself a Lollypop on your way out.

Comment

Wow Tea, that almost brought a tear to my eye Thank you!

Working the inner city all the time, I rarely get a nicer more genuine couple like these two. BIG beautiful house only a few years old. Cleanout access right out front. As I drove away, I really started to miss working the suburbs.

I was a little apprehensive going into this project with the weight of the Forum regulars looking over my shoulder. It could have been much worse than it actually was. Glad it turned out OK.

Was there a rock in there? I don't know for sure. My guess is no. Just an inexpierenced tech at RR pushing cables and cameras around not knowing what he's looking for.

I only ran the snake out 60 feet so no way I pushed the rock into the public sewer at 75 feet. I did pull back some clothe towels on the auger. Then something happened that hasn't happened in a long time. Tea fessed up to flushing those before I even had an opportunity to accuse him. (Even if he try to deny it, his lovely wife would have ratted him out for sure)

I'm still very disappointed in the quality of the video. Way too much glare. I was using the laptop as my monitor and must of had the camera lights turned all the way up to compensate for the sunlight. While we were recording it looked fine Have to talk to the higher-ups about what to do in this situation. (Sound muted on purpose, private conversations)

It's clear now but some debris still in the line. It's marginal whether he needs a jetter run down there. Most of that debris should wash out.

It feels good to be the hero

Comment

Every one needed some closure

Comment

Great finish to a story that could've had a bad ending without the forum.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I still think you should have used RockX!

Tea,
                        Thanks for letting us know how this turned out.
                        No more cloth towels or your wife will .
                        You must be a very busy man, traveling all the way to Maine and across the USA, just to flush things you shouldn't.

I assume your the one flushing towels, tampons, cat litter, sponges, grease, Q-tips, disposable diapers, disposable wipes, and etc... in ALL of my customers drains.

It must be you because I have NEVER had a customer admit to doing such a thing. They swear up and down on their life that they NEVER put these items in the drain, so it must be you.

Come to think of it, are you also the one that keeps steeling one sock out of my wash???

Glad everything worked out for you. You picked a good man for the job!

Good job Bill
                        You probably saved Tea from getting swindled out of $1000's.
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Another forum success story!

Congratulations to all involved!
                          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

bill, pressure is when you're working at joshes parents with other forum members watching as we were being video taped by josh

everything else is kids play.

good job bill

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              bill, pressure is when you're working at joshes parents with other forum members watching as we were being video taped by josh

everything else is kids play.

good job bill

rick.
                              Who started the "more pressure" contest? Hold on, let me get my entry ready.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Bill, I did admit that I put the Bounty Paper tower when I cleaned the house couple months ago . I thought RR snake them out already, but he just push it further down the pipe. What Bill pulled out last Saturday was a piece of rag fabric cloth. That fabric cloth wasn’t down there because of me . The construction worker might put it down there while they built the house. I am guilty of putting Bounty down the toilet, but I know better than put a piece of fabric cloth down the toilet. I think that if my sewer was straight, without many turn, then it would be easier to flush it to the main public.
                                Now, I will only flush down toilet paper. I am even afraid of using the garbage disposal now too. Anyway, thank you all for the suggestions, and support. Bill, you are a great man.
                                Tea
                                Last edited by Tea; 10-06-2009, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X