X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: securing flex gas line to side of water heater

Replies like that will not win friends and influence people. The folks are trying to give you an answer. Let me ask this: did someone tell you that you should secure a flex gas line? That would sort of defeat most of the purpose of it being a flex line in the first place, so do you have some other point?

And I haven't followed this thread, but it is considered poor etiquette on help forums to split an issue into multiple threads. Confuses the issue. If you have aske the question on OTHER forums....no law against that. But on the whole, very seldom would you get different responses on any of the many forums populated by professionals. We base our answers on codes, and generally the "right way" to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by flyers6980 View Post
      hey buddy! i'll ask as many times as i want to here. i might put 20 of the same questions on here if i want to!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Sorry man. My bad for assuming there was a viable entity tapping on your keyboard. The Tinman, a regular poster here had a sig. that comes to mind at times like this:

"Don't argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

It is your prerogative to post what you want to until your behavior gets you banned just as it is my prerogitive to place you on my ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
        Sorry man. My bad for assuming there was a viable entity tapping on your keyboard. The Tinman, a regular poster here had a sig. that comes to mind at times like this:

"Don't argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

It is your prerogative to post what you want to until your behavior gets you banned just as it is my prerogitive to place you on my ignore list.
        I also have a SIG., 380 . When I go to Oakland I carry it in a wrinkled old paper bag.
        Come on Kiddies " make My day "!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

hey buddy! I'll ask as many times as i want to here. I might put 20 of the same questions on here if i want to!!!!!!!!!!!!
          paleezzeee fryer, keep on posting!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: fles gas line

that's another reason that i live in indiana not disneyland. did you folks ever get a budget? never did find out where hamtown is. lol. breid...........

Comment

has anyone ever secured a flex gas line to the side of hot water heater and if so what did you use?
              3/4 inch 2 hole strap, 3" self tapping screws. be sure to use an impact driver so they seat properly, you may have to push pretty hard.

good luck!
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                I also have a SIG., 380 . When I go to Oakland I carry it in a wrinkled old paper bag.
                Come on Kiddies " make My day "!
                Thanks Tool, it reminds me of another, "Do you feel lucky today punk? Well do ya"?

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                  3/4 inch 2 hole strap, 3" self tapping screws. be sure to use an impact driver so they seat properly, you may have to push pretty hard.

good luck!

That's just cold man
                  sigpic

Comment

good luck!
                    Wait He has 3 other posts asking the same question. Don't give him the same answer 4 times.......

Comment

Flyers i would say you should go back to the place that you got the gas flex and ask them how to do it because they were the professional that that gave you the flex
                      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

see post http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28044 this should help
                        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

good luck!

LOVE IT LOL LOL

Comment

How did He get fleas in His gas line? Dog must sleep there for warmth!

Comment

sediment trap?

inspector said i need a sediment trap on my gas hot water heater... where does this go? are they nipples that go on cold and hot water?

Comment

Re: sediment trap?

Gas line sediment trap?

Like this?

Comment

Working...
                                X