X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Water Heater

getting my hot water heater inspected sept 22nd in hamilton twsp mercer co. have to pass inspection to get c/o in order to sell house. had elec inspector come out yesterday and everything passed but told me plumbing inspector might want gas flex line secured directly to side of the water heater...does anyone have any idea what i can use to secure flex gas line or is this a violation if its not? rgt now its flsuh to side but not secured with anything.. guy at lowes told me to drill into side and put brackets on but to me thats stupid drilling into water heater

Re: inspection in hamilton nj (mercer co)

"guy at lowes told me to "

I'm not a Plumber, but any person in his/her right mind has to question THAT!
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

new jersey plumbing codes/

does flex gas line have to be secured to side of water heater with anything? right now its flush to side but was told it might have to secured in order to pass inspection in hamilton twsp mercer co?

Comment

Re: new jersey plumbing codes/

Originally posted by flyers6980 View Post
        does flex gas line have to be secured to side of water heater with anything? right now its flush to side but was told it might have to secured in order to pass inspection in hamilton twsp mercer co?
        I don't know your code or any amendments locally as I'm not in your area. There may be a vague code saying that "All piping must be secured" that leaves alot to an interpretation of the inspector. Once again, I'm guessing.

You can put clamps with short sheet metal screws through the outer jacket of a standard water heater because the outer jacket is just that, the outer jacket. Then there is insulation inside and after that is the actually holding tank where the water is held.

The best thing to do in my opinion is to call the specific inspector and ask exactly what he/she would like for you to do. What type clamps, screws, how many etc.

Then do it. Small thing to do to get a house deal done.

J.C.

Comment

Re: inspection in hamilton nj (mercer co)

getting my hot water heater inspected sept 22nd in hamilton twsp mercer co. have to pass inspection to get c/o in order to sell house. had elec inspector come out yesterday and everything passed but told me plumbing inspector might want gas flex line secured directly to side of the water heater...does anyone have any idea what i can use to secure flex gas line or is this a violation if its not? rgt now its flsuh to side but not secured with anything.. guy at lowes told me to drill into side and put brackets on but to me thats stupid drilling into water heater
          And the plumbing inspector might not want it secured. If he/she does, then ask what they want done. Shouldn't be too hard, but remember SAFETY. YOU OR SOMEONE WILL BE WORKING AROUND A PIPED EXPLOSIVE FUEL. IF YOU'RE NOT SKILLED TO HANDLE, MOVE, OR SECURE ANY FUEL PIPING-

SEEK A LICENSED PERSON TO WORK WITH IT.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

securing flex gas line to side of water heater

is it required to secure flex gas line directly to side of hot water heater? if so what can i use to do that?

Comment

fles gas line

has anyone ever secured a flex gas line to the side of hot water heater and if so what did you use?

Comment

Re: fles gas line

uh no

Comment

Re: securing flex gas line to side of water heater

once again no no no!!!

Comment

aaaaahh no. but i don't live in hamilton either. where ever that's at. if you like heartburn keep askin until someone gives you an answer. if it's wrong then the inspector will be glad to tell you. what i do when i work out of town is ask for an inspection before i start. find out kind of quirks they have, then do it. may not work for you, but it works for me. breid...............

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                      aaaaahh no. but i don't live in hamilton either. where ever that's at. if you like heartburn keep askin until someone gives you an answer. if it's wrong then the inspector will be glad to tell you. what i do when i work out of town is ask for an inspection before i start. find out kind of quirks they have, then do it. may not work for you, but it works for me. breid...............
                      Great idea on the xtra insp. $170.00 per xtra in S.F. !
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

if you don't know don't do i know but wont discuss, read your code book

Comment

flyers6980, you've started four threads all basically asking the same question. Why don't you do as someone in one of your many posts suggested and ask the AHJ (plumbing inspector) in your town if this is required and if so, what is the way he wants it done? Unless you can find a fifth way to ask the same question here, let your plumbing inspector be your guide.

Comment

hey buddy! i'll ask as many times as i want to here. i might put 20 of the same questions on here if i want to!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hey buddy! i'll ask as many times as i want to here. i might put 20 of the same questions on here if i want to!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              You can surely do that. But the moderators will lock your posting ability. So, basically, your questions have been addressed to what the majority of professionals feel to be the correct answer.

To keep posting it becomes redundant to all reading it. Ask your inspector, do what they tell you or have a licensed professional do it.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X