X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caroma toilet seal leaking

My screen shot shows the large collar and at the bottom of that it is leaking. Can the seal be replaced by just pulling that apart or does it screw off? Also do i have to dismantle the bowl from the pipe?
    Attached Files

Re: Caroma toilet seal leaking

never worked on that model so I am not sure, but just got to say that is one ugly toilet.

Comment

this is not a model that is in the usa. we do have caromas, but not this type of rear outlet.

i would suggest you go onto their website and download their manual. or contact them for assistance.

is the seal between the toilet horn and pipe a rubber type gasket or wax style ring?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by jameson View Post
        My screen shot shows the large collar and at the bottom of that it is leaking. Can the seal be replaced by just pulling that apart or does it screw off? Also do i have to dismantle the bowl from the pipe?
        The seal that the pan connects to the sewerage pipe is called a pan collar and the rubber in the plastic pan colar has lost its integrity and will not stop the water leaking out when the toilet is flushed, you will have remove the toilet pan and pull the outer plastic cover off the pan callar then pull the rubber seal off and buy another and then reassemble the pan callar and reinstall the pan.

Tony

Comment

And the cheap way is to dry the area all way round the rubber seal and run a silicon bead around the rubber seal where the pan joins it, wait till dry before flushing the pan and bob's your uncle its fixed without removing the pan.

PS
          Don`t tell anyone I told you this.

Tony

Comment

Thank you but i fixed it.

Comment

Working...
            X