X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filling hole at bottom of sump pump liner

Hello everyone, i have a quick question for anyone that can answer it. at the bottom of my polyurethane sump liner there is a hole (1x3 inch), don't know where it came from never noticed it before had the house for 7 years. my question that i am asking is ! is there something out in the market that will fill that hole in permanately so no ground water comes up all the time.
    thanks,
    bill from canada

Re: filling hole at bottom of sump pump liner

i would try mixing up epoxy after i dug up a little dirt to allow for a 1/4'' fill depth.

dig out more and you can pour hydraulic cement/ pourstone into it. in fack you can pour a new bottom with the pourstone and never have an issue.
    sets up in 15 minutes and cured in under an hour.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

personally i usually put holes in the bottom to let the ground water in. Ive always done this due to the fact that one of the plumbers i use to work for told me that if there was no hole in the bottom it could actually push the pit out of the ground... not entierly sure how true that is though.

Comment

thanks to you both, the reason why i want to repair the hole is that my pump goes off every ten minutes, that's on a sunny day, but more often when it rains for a considerable amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsave21 View Post
          thanks to you both, the reason why i want to repair the hole is that my pump goes off every ten minutes, that's on a sunny day, but more often when it rains for a considerable amount of time.

If I were you I would be more concerned with the quantity of water making it past your weeping tile. If your bent on fixing the hole then epoxy is probably your best bet. You might even be able to get away with pollypatch. However I think if it were me in your situation I would just leave it be. It's better off to have the water bubbling up through your sump then through a crack in your foundation.

Best,
          Joe

Comment

If your pump goes on to pump water, then everything is okay. Do not plug the hole, otherwise the water will rise....

I'm going to the gym.
            (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

thanks for all of the help, i guess i will leave it alone, but the pump going off all the time is just annoying. i guess if i didn't hear the pump go off then i would be concerned that the pump is not woking

Comment

Working...
              X