Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad gurgling sound takes a turn for the worst...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad gurgling sound takes a turn for the worst...

We recently bought a a 1964 split level and the drain in the bathroom one level up (about five steps) from the kitchen has always gurgled a bit when you use the kitchen sink or dishwasher, but tonight after doing a huge sudsy sink full of dishes my daughter reported the bathtub had bubbles coming up from the drain! Is this obviously a vent issue? I don't even know where the main vent is! water and bubbles traveling against gravity can't ever be good.....Any help would be much appreciated...

Re: Bad gurgling sound takes a turn for the worst...

Depending on how your home drains are set up, I'm guessing your main line is partially clogged, perhaps roots.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Was the home empty for some time before you moving in?

Do you notice when a large volume of water is used the "gurgling" is worse?

Do you have a basement clean out?
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Thanks for answering back...it wasn't vacant and yes the gurgling is worse when large volumes are being used. I have no idea where the basement clean out would be...it's a tri-level split so the lowest floor is the family room (a sort of partial basement, maybe 1/2 of it below grade.) Is that the same as a household trap?

Comment

In my area household traps are common in older homes. Your area I'm not sure.

Is the bathtub the lowest drain in your home?

Comment

It's not the lowest, that's the problem -- it's on the top floor -- above the kitchen

Comment

So we have narrowed it down to one floor and eliminated a main line blockage.
              Good.

any other drains on the same floor causing a backup into the tub or causing gurgling sounds?

Comment

OK Sallyc I'm guessing your problem will get worse, but you have logged off.
                Good luck!
                Call Roto-Rooter

Comment

Thanks so much! It's just the one drain and yes, we need to take care of it before it gets worse!

Comment

Sally, Please don't use Drano! It's bad for the environment, destroys the drain cables [You
                    can be billed for this] and can burn the skin and clothes of the drain clearer! Ask Your friends for the name of a drain clearing [ small outfit ]Co.in Your area, that has a good reputation. Large National Co. are getting a Rep. for tacking advantage of Good folks.
                    Ask about Jetting the lines,It clears soap scum real good .Good luck ,Tool P.S. Please Report back! We'll be of good help next time!
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                    X