X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: power vent hot water heater problem

You may want to pull the mollex connectors out of the gas valve and check to see if they are burned. I've had some bad wiring harnesses on that same heater. Usually end up changing the gas valve and wiring harness if thats the case. Call ao smith tech support and they will send the parts to you. May need a qualified installer to install them. Just my 2 cents.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
      Do a google search on what a flame sensor rod is and give a a cleaning then enjoy your hot water.This is a VERY common problem.
      What do you guys like for cleaning these?
      I like steel wool but have heard some guys use emery cloth!
      scotchbrite
      411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
        Do a google search on what a flame sensor rod is and give a a cleaning then enjoy your hot water.This is a VERY common problem.
        What do you guys like for cleaning these?
        I like steel wool but have heard some guys use emery cloth!
        The AO Smith rep told me to use a dollar bill, but I go with the scotchbrite, too.

Comment

Hi Monday evening water cold again rechecked groung continuity checked OK also ckecked ground connections in breaker box everything tight .Then removed flame switch cleaned with steel wool visually checked wiring looks like new replaced. plugged heater into wall outlet fired right up like a new one.Will let you know if it still working properly in a few days.Thank you everyone for all helpful input so far.riproarin

Comment

Hi Saturday evening heater still working fine thank you for the help

Comment

the ground path through a power vent water heater is checked using a mulit-meter set to: a: volts, b: amps, c: continuity

Comment

Working...
              X