X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Not Flushing Correctly

The toilet in my bathroom was having problems flushing so i took the plunger to it. Now the toilet swirls stuff around but doesn't completely empty unless you use the plunger

Do i still have a partial blockage or something.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thank you.

Bob

Re: Toilet Not Flushing Correctly

Check function of flapper or flush valve.
    Is it using enough water to flush?
    Pour bucket of water down bowl. If it goes down,
    probably no stoppage. If it backs up, then stoppage.
    Is it an old toilet?
    Check for deposits in jet hole in bottom of bowl.
    Also clean holes under rim.
    Don't pick your nose or bite your fingernails.
    When you've have enough fun, call plumber.

Comment

did this problem happen all of a sudden/ overnight? or has it ot progressivly worse?

does wadded up toilet paper / golf ball size get stuck and plugged or does it just swirl?

do you have children at the house? is g.i. joe m.i.a.

should be pretty simple to diagnose.

the new microdrain we have is how i get to the bottom of the mystery.

i pulled out a blue comb with it a couple weeks ago. an auger would just go past it and a plumger didn't move it. without the camera, i would have never known it was there.

rick.

Attached Files
      phoebe it is

Comment

this may be a dumb question, I have a couple of toilets at the church and do not flush well, and this is more for Rick how did you retrieve the comb? What did you use,

No I do not have a seen snake to look to see if there is some thing similar,

how did you retrieve the comb, did you remove the toilet or did you snake it with a retriever? or a wire with a hook?
        Last edited by BHD; 10-19-2009, 01:52 AM.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

the problem with this toilet was that the ex-husband tiled the toilet onto the floor. it would have required either breaking tile or the toilet to remove the toilet.

at first i couldn't duplicate a stoppage and tried a plunger and auger with no luck. owner wasn't even sure if the comb fell in as it was night time when she plugged it and didn't have the light on.

i went back to run the microdrain camera and expose the blue comb. the trick was getting it out since removing the toilet was not going to happen.

i used a wire welding filler rod. made a loop and used the camera to guide it and snag the comb.

not an easy job, but with the camera, i knew what i was looking for.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

thank you,
            probably in my instance one would just be as easy to pull the toilet, and see if one can see any thing,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Items like the comb that Rick removed cannot make it through a toilet most of the time due to their length. Sometimes they are floating just out of sight. By removing the water from the bowl with a paper cup and then using a toilet auger or a piece of wire you will sometimes be surprised to see what was clogging your toilet will now fall down into the bowl.

Comment

use a mirror and flashlight to look. breid................

Comment

Working...
                X