X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floor drain old house

....have a floor drain in an old house. it has a plate on it and doesn't smell unless the plate is removed to drain something. it is a very old house and i don't think the line has a trap under the floor. is there a fitting/grate that could let water drain but prevent odors from coming out? i guess it would be a check valve or something similar. anyone? i believe it is a 4 inch diameter. any such animal that would solve the situation? outside of diggin' up the floor and putting in a trap?

Re: floor drain old house

try something like this.

http://www.trapguard.com/
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Re: floor drain old house

just ask is it a complete floor drain tied into a sewer? I have seen a number in houses that were built in the 30's that just went to a dry well.

I know it does not make a difference if it is smelling or not, but may be some thing to check into.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
      X