Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 120 gal elec.ao smith gone wild !!

Haven't got all the facts yet,here's the damage on a condo W.H. SPRAY LEAK. wood door rotted,8'x8' walls and ceiling dry wall demo. Insulation R.R. NO expansion tank! Blew off and dumped outside. Somehow no one noticed this! Sprayed for days in the ROOM! MOLD over punky S.rock. Thinking of suggesting new W.H. with expansion tank,along with repairs.
    How would You write this one up for an insurance claim,please / The wording is important,Iknow. Matbe Ishould hire an indepent ins. adjuster to write My est.. tanks tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: 1991 120 gal elec.ao smith gone wild !!

Expansion tanks weren't required by code in 1991.

What blew off? the relief valve?

Where was it discharging to?

Comment

This W.H. has a history of blowing off. It serves 4 apptms. and has a recirc. pump.
      What size expansion tank would You add? tanks tool
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Sounds like something a little more than thermal expansion...

Thermal Expansion might be a coffee cup full...

That leaves Temperature & Pressure...
        411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Maybe a thermostat failed and the water heater did a full runaway. That's where the heating element stays powered and only because the T&P safety valve opened it didn't bust the tank open.

Please tell us what part(s) blew off the water heater if any?

When you can please go to the site and take pictures for us on the forum. That way everyone can see better what you're dealing with.

Comment

Gets better ,handy man put a clear vinyl tube section on the recic line will take a picture. WHAT EVER !!!!!!!

Comment

Have you questioned any of the residents about how hot the water has been coming out there faucets ?
              Like Steam or normal

Comment

check the pressure.i bet its to high

Comment

The Mech room is loaded with mold! I passed on the project. what was I thinking!

Comment

Working...
                  X