Tank in tank hot water heater

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank in tank hot water heater

Recently I learnt a lot about hot water heater. There are at least three types in terms of lining\body material:

1. glass lined (most of the boilers);
    2. stone lined (burnham boilers);
    3. stainless steel body (superstor, triangleTube).

I am familiar with the traditional coil heat exchanger inside the tank. But just found there is another tank-in-tank technology used in TriangleTube heater. After watched its flash demo, I think it may not be that super as it is claimed. i don't think it is that easy to make the hot water flow through that entire huge eara.
    Here is the description: http://www.triangletube.com/Triangle...?CatID=6&PID=2

and here is the flash demo:
    http://www.triangletube.com/document...ann_ecs_US.swf

What is your professional opinons?

Re: Tank in tank hot water heater

I have a Triangle Tube in my house for over 15 years. The only thing I've had to replaced was the deep well sensor. $35 part and 20 minutes to install. Weil Mclain makes a nice one also.

Installed dozens of tank-in-tank heaters the past 20 years and haven't had a warranty replacement yet. I have taken out plenty of warranty coil type heaters that were clogged with scale.

Not really an opinion, just an observation.

Comment

Re: Tank in tank hot water heater

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      I have a Triangle Tube in my house for over 15 years. The only thing I've had to replaced was the deep well sensor. $35 part and 20 minutes to install. Weil Mclain makes a nice one also.

Installed dozens of tank-in-tank heaters the past 20 years and haven't had a warranty replacement yet. I have taken out plenty of warranty coil type heaters that were clogged with scale.

Not really an opinion, just an observation.
      I thought the tank-in-tank is a new technology. Looks like it is not and a mature technology.

Comment

Working...
      X