Installing new Grohe kitchen faucet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing new Grohe kitchen faucet

I recently replaced a Moen with a Grohe in the kitchen. The retaining mechanism is the same, a nut screwed under a retaining bracket. The Grohe likes the nut to be very tight, for stability, as it is heavy and has nothing for lateral support. The problem I have is that the nut is loosening up from normal use of the faucet. So after a while, the faucet's body starts wobbling. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Re: Installing new Grohe kitchen faucet

Loc-tite. Next guy's gonna' hate it though.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by voy View Post
      I recently replaced a Moen with a Grohe in the kitchen. The retaining mechanism is the same, a nut screwed under a retaining bracket. The Grohe likes the nut to be very tight, for stability, as it is heavy and has nothing for lateral support. The problem I have is that the nut is loosening up from normal use of the faucet. So after a while, the faucet's body starts wobbling. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
      Don't use it?

Barring that, put some caulking on the tightened nut--a gob will do ya. Old style Delta 470 has the same problem.
      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Are you trying to tighten down on wood?
        If so I would not lock down that nut.

Comment

double nut it. or get a lock nut at hardware store. i like the ones with dimple in the side. breid.................

Comment

Just got off the phone with Grohe technical support (nice!). He said not to be shy and tighten that nut. I said I prefer to keep it light. He is sending out another such nut, so I can double nut it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X