Instaling Bathtub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instaling Bathtub

I have puchased a Kohler Archer bathtub. I was reading through the manual and it says either use construction adhesive under the 4 wood blocks of the tub or use a 2" thick bed of mortar in between the blocks. Which is preferred?

Re: Instaling Bathtub

I have seen many installers use Silpro mortar with a sheet of 6 mil poly beteen the mortar bed and tub bottom. It makes for a very solid installation.

Comment

I set most tubs with STRUCTO-LITE . as long it not amercast

Comment

I like to use STRUCTO-LITE

Comment

I just installed 31 Devonshire whirlpool tubs...very similar to yours. The preferred methog which i used is laying out a cross pattern of mortar to avoid getting it under the four blocks. I then layed two thick black garbage bags over the mortar..then set the tub. It worked great.....no squeaking from the tubs at all. It is also what Kohler specs in their manual, so if anything goes wrong with the tubs in the future...no one can point blame your way. Check for pvc glue that might have been dripped if it is a whirlpool tub. Also check for damage to the tub. I had A LOT of problems with their "quality control"

Comment

Working...
          X