X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterizing Our Home in Eden, Utah

Thank you all those leaving opinions and advise on an earlier post. Very helpful indeed. I have been told you can buy a thermostat that will allow you to turn the heat lower than the normal 50 degrees. Can anyone verify this and do you have an estimated cost. My plan is to wintewrize but heat minimally, hoping this system with a back up will protect our property with out costing an arm and a leg. Thanks again for your professional opinions.

Re: Winterizing Our Home in Eden, Utah

Keeping the thermostat at 50 shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Any lower than that would be asking for trouble as there's always cold spots in a house.
    You could always call a plumber to properly winterize your house and you'll sleep better at night.

Comment

Eden is a nice place. I used a hunting guide for an Elk trip many years ago and had to go by his house in Eden to pick up horses. As for winterizing your home, there are thermostats available with "freeze protection" settings like the Robertshaw 9600 thermostat. Even at that I would find a neighbor close by who could check in on your home every once in a while.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Just a little tidbit I like to mention to people is watch out for dry traps. Sewer gas is nasty.

Comment

Working...
        X