75 Gal. reem Nat. Gas pilot out ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 Gal. reem Nat. Gas pilot out ??

Re- lit fine, Guess thermo couple is fine. B vent goes about 15 ft horiz. then 20 ft. vert.
    RE lit at nite ,will make sure cap didn't blow off in our recent winds. It's about 8 Years old.
    Any other ideas? thank's Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: 75 Gal. reem Nat. Gas pilot out ??

gas valve is weak. there's an electromagnet that holds open the gas valve. if the pilot is developing the proper millivolts, then the electromagnet is shorted and not holding.

make sure that the thermocouple is fully inserted in properly tightened.

a gas valve is still much cheaper than a 75 gallon heater. but you have an 8 year old heater that might be on it's last leg

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I think that's about 100 times You helped Me Rick. I hope You like Ohmaha steaks.
      Please P.M Me Your address again. Kevin
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        Re- lit fine, Guess thermo couple is fine. B vent goes about 15 ft horiz. then 20 ft. vert.
        RE lit at nite ,will make sure cap didn't blow off in our recent winds. It's about 8 Years old.
        Any other ideas? thank's Tool
        There is a test to do on the gas valve. after making sure the thermocouple is good. Let the thermo heat up for a good long time. Then let the pilot go out and start to count if you hear a click before about 25 to 30 seconds the gas valve is bad or no click at all the gas valve is absolutly bad. If the click comes after 30 seconds it might be bad or not. The test won't tell you if the valve is good but it will tell you if the valve is bad.

Comment

Working...
        X