X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Noritz 842 tankless not working

Finally had the Noritz 842 DV installed today. Unfortunately the unit worked while the installer was here and for one shower afterwards.

The unit does nothing at all now. There are no error codes on the controller, the drain valve filter is clean, power cycling the unit with the remote and unplugging does not help, the remote shows 120 with priority light lit. Water flow from fixtures exceeds the .5 gpm needed. Gas meter was upgraded and a dedicated line was installed to unit. The only thing I can not check is gas pressure, but the furnace runs and there is a 1.25 line to water heater and there is supposed to be an error code for gas issues. Anyway, I called the certified installer and he will try to get back tomorrow to trouble shoot. But at this point I would say the unit is a lemon. Tech support is closed.

My wife is 7 plus months pregnant and I have a 14 month old and there is no hot water in the house, she is not happy. Hard to have a warm feeling about my Noritz 842. Any suggestions

Re: new Noritz 842 tankless not working

Power to the controller. Yes.

Power to the unit itself?

J.C.

Comment

Yes the unit appears to have power. You can hear mechanical or clicking sounds from the box when power is applied. And the controller gets power thru the main unit.

Comment

I am NOT Noritz certified. I am looking at a manual online and trying to think. Others may come around that can help or you may have to wait for tomorrow.

J.C.

Comment

Hey if you still need help on this, where are you in Denver. This is a curiosity to me, I would not mind looking at it and I am a certified installer. give me a call if you are interested.

Aaron Smith
          720-234-6172
          ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Sorry for Your problems. This is a good thread for those with the tankless itch!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
            X