X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Circulating Pump

I presently have an Armstrong Astro 25B050S without timer that had gone out. I'd like to replace it with a like model with the timer. I just spoke with the plumber and I would like to try it myself first. I have valves before and after the pump. Two questions:

I'm not sure what tool to use to unscrew the pump from the in line pipe connectors. Can I purchase it at a Home Depot like store?

Secondly, the plumber mentioned that I needed to check something before I add the pump with a timer. What would I need to check just because I added a timer?

Thank you,
    Adrienne

Re: Replacing Circulating Pump

Comment

Originally posted by rothermela View Post
      I presently have an Armstrong Astro 25B050S without timer that had gone out. I'd like to replace it with a like model with the timer. I just spoke with the plumber and I would like to try it myself first. I have valves before and after the pump. Two questions:

I'm not sure what tool to use to unscrew the pump from the in line pipe connectors. Can I purchase it at a Home Depot like store?

Secondly, the plumber mentioned that I needed to check something before I add the pump with a timer. What would I need to check just because I added a timer?

Thank you,
      Adrienne

Send Pics he might know somthing that your not describing here? And what to you mean "I'm not sure what tool to use to unscrew the pump from the in line pipe connectors" A pipe wrench? Tubing cutter and 2 new male/female Adapters and 2 couplings? Send pics please!

Comment

I think you should get a pro .If you dont know what to use to take it apart, then it is out of you league . why do you need to change it , the pump the motor ,the coupler ?

Comment

You should consider paying a plumber for this job as it would be only an hour labour and there electrical hazards as well. Just going by the "what tool" comment.
          Plumbing shop supr.
          My plumbing hobby site - PlumbingHelp.ca

Comment

Working...
          X