Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does a Sewer pipe really need slope?!??

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
    Make sure you are on record as objecting to the as left condition of the line even after you pointed out the problem and it was not corrected.

When the Home Owners start taking the so-called "plumber", GC, and developer to court you don't want to be caught on the wrong side of the code. If the local PI does not want to do anything then he is probably in on it too. Call State Code Enforcement and tell them what is going on. Call the State Master Plumbers Association and report him. Call the State Plumbers Licensing Board and report him (some states have online reporting too).
    Agreed.

And make your "plumber" take the responsibility on paper.

If it isn't in writing, it didn't happen.

Comment

Water under pressure will flow up, down, around corners, etc. That is your water supply. DWV is a simple gravity system. Rarely if ever would there be ANY pressure on the pipe. The pipe is under normal circumstances never full, and therefor the vent relieves ANY pressure. SO you simply have the law of nature to cause the water and the waste to flow....and up hill, even a little...does not make it@!

Comment

Do the right thing! Print the whole thread and leave it in one of the cabinets, for the new owners. You won't last on this job, You're a good Man.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          But people still have house traps.

i.e. A professionally installed clog. Got to have job security.

J.C.
          Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          You won't last on this job, You're a good Man.

roflmao

nail the loser to the wall. It's got to be downhill all the way, every step of the way, or there WILL be problems later.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

my guess is the developer got his plumber on the cheap. a lot of track work is like that. breid..............

Comment

The plumber has been doing plumbing on FEMA and MEMA trailers since katrina. Anyone that knows anything about those would be able to tell what kind of plumber he is by that.

There really is no point in letting the owner know and possibly causeing a lost sale. These homes are being sold to investors as rentals and it will be the tenant, not the owner, who has to deal with the actual aggervation from the problem. The developer will have to deal with the cost of it as they are giving a 1 year warranty on the house. I am the one who will be doing the warranty work, which means I will probably be the one who ultimately fixes the problem and profits from it. If I were to somehow notify the owner and a sale was lost I would lose alot of work, not only on the warranty later, but on the new construction side now. The way I look at it is that it does not benefit me to open my mouth at this point.

Comment

If you were working for me and I found out you knew this and did not bring it to my attention, I would most definately fire you on the spot.

I understand you are wanting to make an EXTRA buck off of the project in the future, but you need to do your job that your employer is paying you for now. If you are not wanting to do what you are being paid to do, then sir you are no better than the sub-standard plumber that was hired to do it right the first time around. Do you not have any morals about yourself??

You are wanting to bash the plumber for what he is not doing, well what about yourself??

Man up and do your job, your reputation is on the line now with that kind of thinking.

G3

Comment

Better Yet, take pictures Now ! When They fire You for doing Your job,Send it to His bond Co. And any lending Institutions involved in the project .
                  Here in Ca. our bonding Co. is listed on The Ca. Consumers License Info Site.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

This is beat to death.

Yes it needs slope. Now that you know the truth, it's your reputation and conscience what you do next.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
                      If you were working for me and I found out you knew this and did not bring it to my attention, I would most definately fire you on the spot.

I understand you are wanting to make an EXTRA buck off of the project in the future, but you need to do your job that your employer is paying you for now. If you are not wanting to do what you are being paid to do, then sir you are no better than the sub-standard plumber that was hired to do it right the first time around. Do you not have any morals about yourself??

You are wanting to bash the plumber for what he is not doing, well what about yourself??

Man up and do your job, your reputation is on the line now with that kind of thinking.

G3
                      I have told the developer and every person above me what is going on. I do not feel that I should go beyond that.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It just amazes me how much effort people put into being lazy, he will spend more time and money fixing this nightmare down the road then he would have if he would have spent an extra 45 minute to and hour doing it the right way the frist time. I never understood some one that takes short cuts in there workman ship.
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

::UPDATE::
                            Well, out of 20 units complete on the property, guess which one someone moved in first.... They have lived there a little less than a week and I got a call this morning saying their toilets were over flowing onto the floors. I havent been working on that project for a few weeks no, and I am SURE not making money from it, so WTF am I the one getting woken up by the phone call!!! I about over this BS. (this isnt the only ridiculous, avoidable, bs going on with this unit)
                            Last edited by futuresweets10; 02-12-2010, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by futuresweets10 View Post
                              I have told the developer and every person above me what is going on. I do not feel that I should go beyond that.
                              Confusious say: $hit only flow down stream. (Down being the key word )

Do yourself a favor, put it in writting and CC everyone of importance, including the head of the building department and any representative of the homeowners association, (if there is one).

Nothing says "I TOLD YOU SO", better then pulling out your "Pearl Harbor File", (phrase my dad used in all his years of top secret military operations), and handing everyone a copy of your original letter.

Trust me on this one. We do it all the time. With the age of digital, we make photos and video documenation and pass it on.

Comment

WaterSurgeon gave some good advice.

Who called you early in the morning, if it was the home owner or reality company I would spill the beans for the half @ss plumber in the first place. If I remember right you had taken pics and written or told others of this mess to start with. Didn't you say the plumbing inspector would not even crawl under the house to look at the install, if so I would think his job is on the line now.....if he says he inspected it show him the pics and make him look foolish (in front of his boss if possible), if he says he did not inspect the job ask what the heck is he getting paid for (again in front of his boss). Did the original plumbing outfit even have a license, are they still in business. Is the builder still in business (at least under the same name).

I thought you were going to make money off of these, what happened to that?? Not trying to be a smart @ss here, but I told you so.

Just some things to think about.

G3

Comment

Working...
                                X