1 and 1/2" trap adapter for 2" drain pipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 and 1/2" trap adapter for 2" drain pipe

checked the 06 and 09 and couldn't find anything about internal solvent welds. it does however say to reference specific ASTM standards which i don't have access to. maybe in those ASTM standards is where the internal solvent is mentioned.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      checked the 06 and 09 and couldn't find anything about internal solvent welds. it does however say to reference specific ASTM standards which i don't have access to. maybe in those ASTM standards is where the internal solvent is mentioned.
      Burn those books! You're in the land of the trailer pipe now!

J.C.

Comment

as I recall it was something about installing fittings as they were designed.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Burn those books! You're in the land of the trailer pipe now!

J.C.
          can't. i gotta know the california code/upc for working out in town but the military bases go off international no matter where you are.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
            as I recall it was something about installing fittings as they were designed.
            i know pvc fitting have a slight taper towards the back to make for a tighter connection. i'd imagine a internal fitting wouldn't have this feature. maybe this is what you're talking about?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

can't. i gotta know the california code/upc for working out in town but the military bases go off international no matter where you are.
              You're brain is gonna' get full. Mine go full 20 years ago. Now I'm just rocking back and forth in a chair eating Graham Crackers mumbling "Dental the joints!?!? Kiss my azz!"

Chew, chew, spit crumbs.....

J.C.

Comment

I'll try to recover my codebook from one of my helpers in the morning and look it up.

i know pvc fitting have a slight taper towards the back to make for a tighter connection. i'd imagine a internal fitting wouldn't have this feature. maybe this is what you're talking about?
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

if i picture this correctly all you need is a mission band that goes from 2'' pipe plastic to 1.5'' tubular and cover it with a box style estucion. all this can be done from the floor level.

the box style estucion is what we use for a tubular trap to hide the trap adapter at the wall.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    if i picture this correctly all you need is a mission band that goes from 2'' pipe plastic to 1.5'' tubular and cover it with a box style estucion. all this can be done from the floor level.

the box style estucion is what we use for a tubular trap to hide the trap adapter at the wall.

rick.
                    Rick, I think he's saying that needs the 1.5" nut on the floor because the tee is so low.

J.C.

Comment

i think your right rick but i don't think a box escuctheon(who made that word) will totally cover a fernco.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i think your right rick but i don't think a box escuctheon(who made that word) will totally cover a fernco.
                        Understood what Rick was saying now. Code? Maybe not. But would work.

Silver paint.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          Understood what Rick was saying now. Code? Maybe not. But would work.

Silver paint.

J.C.
                          that band is 100% legal. we installed thousand of them on tubs in new construction. we very rarely used a 1.5'' trap on tubs, but a 2'' trap instead.

the mission band should fit nicely under a box estucion.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            that band is 100% legal. we installed thousand of them on tubs in new construction. we very rarely used a 1.5'' trap on tubs, but a 2'' trap instead.

the mission band should fit nicely under a box estucion.

rick.
                            Understand. Read GJ's post that stated Fernco.

J.C.

Comment

Last edited by maxfischersweet; 05-21-2010, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Last edited by maxfischersweet; 05-21-2010, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X