X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 and 1/2" trap adapter for 2" drain pipe

Last edited by maxfischersweet; 05-21-2010, 01:41 PM.

Re: 1 and 1/2" trap adapter for 2" drain pipe

2X1-1/2" Sxthrd flush bushing

So where is your plumber now?

Comment

Screw that
      He was not a plumber that put that in.Even though somebody was calling him one.
      Cut the drywall and tell the homeowner somebody was lying about their abilities as a tradesman.

Drywall patch is cheap.It's the ego that's expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by maxfischersweet View Post
        so what should i do, and why dont they make a 1 and 1/2" trap adapter that fits inside of a 2" pipe. thanks
        they do.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          they do.
          Is is legal

I know I can whitle a sump'n-sump'n to jam into the two inch.

There is the Tom Cap.What size are those female threads?

Comment

Last edited by maxfischersweet; 05-21-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

so they really do make a 2" to 1 1/2" trap adapter that will allow me to cut the 2 inch drain pipe flush with the floor and insert one end INTO the 2 inch pipe and will be a 1 and 1/2 inch trap adapter on the other end?????
              this i haven't seen. i've seen a street 2" x 1 1/2 so the 2" could fit into a 2" fitting AND i've seen the 2" side that fits over 2" pipe. Seen this at HD in va beach but haven't looked for it here.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                What size are those female threads?
                made for 1 1/2 tubular
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

sweet. how much pipe do you have below the floor? do you have enough length to fit a reducing coupling ( 1 1/2" to 2") down there? if so get an inside the pipe pvc pipe cutter. cut your pipe. you may have to trim tile with a die grinder. then you can fit your trap adpapter in the reducing coupling. good to go. my advice is to practice using the cutter in a vice, before you do the money cut. breid............

Comment

Contractor?

J.C.

Comment

Last edited by maxfischersweet; 05-21-2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

yeah, figured i could do that, but just trying to find an easier less destructive way of handling this.

could anyone tell me why they wouldnt make a fitting like this? i mean it just seems like an obvious fitting that would be extremely useful and allow for a quick less destructive job. i have come across other problems like this in the past (fixing other peoples screw ups) where a fitting such as this could save much time and money. in texas we dont have crawl spaces or basements....we have plumbing in concrete slabs!!!

maybe its just the fact that the only help i can get where i live is bubba with his ole' work truck that just cares about getting it done so he can drink beer with the rest of his time (and im not just talking about plumbers...).

have non of you ever really had to fix a screw up similar to this? (even if its not exactly like this) where if any of the available fittings out there had a similar fitting that allowed it to install inside a pipe withOUT 2 other adapters? wouldnt that be beneficial?

but now that i think about it having fittings like this would basically rid the need of about half the other fittings out there, because where you need to use 2 or 3, you could basically just use one.....(you would still need the others but just not as many in quantity)

maybe i can have one manufactured.......i have to wait for backordered flooring before i move in anyways, so i have time to wait.....it probably would be less of a hassle.
                        Because the majority won't screw up to this degree. And as drtyhands pointed out, legality. For the IPC code you cannot have ANY solvent weld internal fitting. So why would a mfg. invest in the molds and distribution for a fitting that is rarely if ever used and would fail inspection anyway?

2"x1.5" coupling (sometimes referred to as a pipe increaser) with an insert 1.5" trap adapter will put you as low as your theoretical 2"x1.5" trap adapter.

Don't bet on having one manufactured.

EDIT: I JUST REREAD THAT YOU WANT TO GET EVEN LOWER. YOU WANT THE NUT RIGHT ON THE FLOOR. Increaser and insert adapter won't be THAT low.

Should have checked the rough before beginning to finish things. Both you and the plumber should have. It's not uncommon for the tee connection to be low depending on tub. Sounds like you elected to go with a tub that has a lower tee connection and being it's a clawfoot then the piping is exposed.

You'll probably have to get into your artistic side with a hammer and chisel to make it reasonably neat and get it done. Good luck.

J.C.
                        Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 11-18-2009, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          For the IPC code you cannot have ANY solvent weld internal fitting.
                          but isn't a 4x3 closet flange legal? where does it talk about internal solvent welds?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

but isn't a 4x3 closet flange legal? where does it talk about internal solvent welds?
                            Are you gonna' make me take the plastic off my codebook? I've got another CE class before it goes on Craigs!

Can't cite the number. Been told more than once by more than one inspector that nothing is to be glued internally into the pipe. Told because if you look internally at the pipe you'll notice many more imperfections from the die. The exterior is the finished product and connection.

Could have changed though. CE before the end of the year.

J.C.

Comment

they are legal, for use on 3 inch pipe. not for gluing inside of a 4 inch pipe.
                              but the inspectors in this area are too busy making sure we have vacuum breakers on water heaters.

No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
                              X