Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Foot Pedal Faucet

Morning All,

I'm posting in this section since I am not an actual plumber. I work for a school system and we have several of these 2 pedal "Standard" faucets. My problem is that no matter what we try, the valves are leaking by and the faucet is running at a steady stream. Internet searches have turned up no information at all and replacing it with new equipment is an option that I wish to use as a last resort. Can anyone point me in a direction that might provide some information on this old beast? Obviously has hot and cold stubs coming into seperate valves from the floor, then right angles to the pedal operated valves. The supply valves coming from the floor do have shutoff's on the top to allow for the operating portion of the valve to removed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Standard Foot Pedal Faucet

Maybe some pictures of it, some one could ID it and then give you some information that would work with the model and type of unit it is.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

This should help http://www.americanstandard-us.com/a...cSheet_464.pdf and give these guys a call. 9 times out of 10 they have parts i am looking for http://www.justfaucets.com/

Now if your foot valves have a metal cover over it the part number for that unit is 7680.010 the 7680.210 replaces that valve.
      Last edited by SewerRatz; 11-20-2009, 11:07 AM.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Here's a couple of pictures to see what i'm working with.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerMaker View Post
          Here's a couple of pictures to see what i'm working with.
          Thats the 7680.010 model, give the guys at just faucets a call and tell them you have the 7680.010 American standard faucet foot valves and you want new self closing stems for it. If they do not have it you can get a brand new 7680.210 foot pedal valve for under 200 bucks.

Comment

talk about old school

looks like the hots been worked on. also very important that the screws securing the valve to the floor are tight and biting good into solid wood.

any rot will destroy the integrity of the support and the valve will not function. plus you'll tweak the connections.

my advise is to replace the complete valve with a new unit. then take the old unit and attempt to rebuild it so you have a rebuilt unit in stock for the next one. makes a time consuming job a quick fix.

good luck. i have a set of new long pedal chicago speciality valves waiting for it's call. maybe i'll surprise joey with them to go along with the bidet seat

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have a call into Webb to see if they have one or can get it. Being a school district, there are only so many places that we can order from. Essentially they have to be able to take a purchase order. Looks like I am finally headed in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerMaker View Post
                Thanks for the info. I have a call into Webb to see if they have one or can get it. Being a school district, there are only so many places that we can order from. Essentially they have to be able to take a purchase order. Looks like I am finally headed in the right direction.
                Just wondering if you ever got the parts or a new foot valve?

Comment

Working...
                X