Recommended shower valve/diverter assembly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended shower valve/diverter assembly

I'm doing a complete remodel of my home..replacing everything.

I have gone to Lowe's and Home Depot, and I havn't really seen anything I like as far as shower valve/diverter systems.

I'm looking for a high quality, maintenance free set up that I won't have to worry about.

I have heard that Moen is good, but I thought I would ask the experts.

I will be using both shower and tub.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rick

Re: Recommended shower valve/diverter assembly

Delta R10000.

J.C.

Comment

We use alot of Moen TL181, but then again so do most of the other plumbers around here. I find them to be pretty good quality.

Comment

Originally posted by rich121 View Post
        I'm looking for a high quality, maintenance free set up that I won't have to worry about.

Rick

Maintenance FREE is a tall order. Local water and usage conditions have a lot to do with that. A plumber who utilizes all the " best practices" available to him, such as flushing pipes after solder, flushing before install cartridge, etc. will provide you with the best shot.

No matter what the brand, I would be hard pressed to make the argument that products today have the same level of quality and durability that they might have 30 years ago. Technogical design improvements are great, but the consumer drive for lower costs always hovers over every product.

SO, I base recommendations on EASE of service and COST/AVAILABILITY of service parts. Delta & Moen probably win that argument. I also put PP in the mix. Not everyone agrees with that one. I exclude Kohler, while there are those who use nothing BUT!. American Standard's reputation has become iffy, and their parts matrix rivals Kohler in variety!

Comment

Working...
        X