X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shower valve replaced

I recently had a shower only valve replaced with the removal of one ceramic tile to get to the old one. I am being charged for six hours of labor is this an acceptable time for replacing the shower valve assembly? Thank you. lo

Re: shower valve replaced

Originally posted by lorort View Post
    I recently had a shower only valve replaced with the removal of one ceramic tile to get to the old one. I am being charged for six hours of labor is this an acceptable time for replacing the shower valve assembly? Thank you. lo
    It can be. Each one is different.

So if you ask a friend that had one replaced and they say, "Mine only cost x. And only 3 hours labor". This will not be the case for ANY other situation.

In short, it can take 3 hours or it can take 8 hours depending on what's there, what happens, what's being installed.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by lorort View Post
      Did it take six hours?
      And replacing a valve from the tile side, usually takes longer than if they cut the sheetrock on the backside.

Comment

can't see it from here. the last one we did took 2 of us 8 hrs. depends on what expected. breid.........

Comment

Working...
        X