X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what i can do for this?

I paid the plumber Wednesday just before thanksgiving for the oil to gas conversion. He still needs to add a condensate water pump for me. Today I found:

1. there is a leak in one of his solders;
    2. my garden hose was cut by half (90% chance was by him);
    3. my portable pump is missing. it was used few days ago to help my firend to pump basement water and then put back beside my water heater.

what should I do for item 2, and 3.

thanks,

Re: what i can do for this?

Can't prove 2 or 3 so don't call him back for one inless you're going to keep an eye on him.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I would have cut your hose and stole your pump, too, you pain-in-the-***.
      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
        I would have cut your hose and stole your pump, too, you pain-in-the-***.
        If you did not do similar thing, you should have a peace of mind.

I am pretty sure he cut the hose and used it to drain out the water from the existing system, and then put back.

The pump may be related to his electrician. I am pretty sure it was there few feet from the new boiler few days ago because I used it then.

It is not a big deal, please stay calm. Nobody be caught.

Comment

I would get a hose mender kit at the hardware store, and fix the hose, or a male and female end and make two shorter hoses. Yes if it was cut and used It would have been nice to have at least been informed or replaced it. but how ever or what ever you need it fixed. (and the ends are the lowest cost way to repair).

on the pump, since your not positive where the pump was, or there is doubt,
          there have been a number of times that some thing has come up some what missing, and have had some one in the place, and the fist thought was did they take that, and ever single time but one they showed back up later and when I found it I was sure glad I did not point any fingers. If he took it then shame on him. but there is no proof. So hope it shows up some where.

I would call him back for the leak, and pump, and if your in doubt watch the repair being done.
          If your Leary then call some one else and expect to pay the rate he charges.

That is how I would handle it.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I don't understand why any would cut a hose to use it.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              Maybe, because he didn't have permission to use it, he decided to only use half of it.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                because it was too long, I think.

Comment

never pay until job is done. i don't bill until complete.

don't bring any of it up now. just tell him about the leak and ask about condensate pump in a nice manner. if he responds let him repair leak and hook up con pump. then ask him about your "lost" pump and hose. give him 2 weeks to make right. if he does make it right great. if not file a complaint with the better business bureau. don't mention electrician. he hired him, let him deal with him................ plan b.if he hasn't made it right, he's not going to. wait a month or 2. go to book store or libuary and get all the magazine subscription cards that there are, send them in for him. repeat every 2 months. change his first name a little each time. go online yahoo yellow pages. file reviews. lots of reviews just pump was there hose was whole when he got there and it wasn't when he left. angies list write him up there. have all your friends do the same. or just write them yourself. if in a small town post notes at library, grocery's, post offices use your imagination here. all online stuff should be posted from library. if there is a craiglist or free paper there. place some nice harley for sale adds. you know copy someone elses then mark it down $2000.00 or $3000.00 "must sell, work afternoons call after 11:30 pm. ask for bozo". works with with guns to. he will get a lot of calls from people that don't threaten well. that's me. use your imagination here. every thing after bbb, you should use an alias. hell use my name b reid. have fun. you should go to bed smiling at night. breid...................

Comment

...or just post his phone number here and we all take turns calling him early mornings and late evening

Comment

I like that one. ohhh i hope it was not me.

Comment

He came here this morning. Condensate water pump is installed and leak solder is fix.

I asked him about the hose. He told me the hose was cut by him but the hose itself was not working (what he told me).

I asked him if he borrow my portable pump and I need to use it right now. He said No. and I also asked him to check his electrician. He told me his electricians were good and wouldn't take that pump.

I am an easy guy and don't want to argu with somebody for those small things. It is not a big deal, $15 to buy a new hose and $170 to buy a new pump. He is still young at age of 20 ~ 30's. Hope he will be better in the future.

I posted here is trying to find out a more reasonable reaction. It will be helpful for us to handle future events.

Comment

reasonable action

i got your reasonable right here. breid.............

Comment

housecarer are you perhaps of Russian heritage? If so, remind this slime how things were handled in the "old days".

Maybe he needs lesson.

Comment

How does a hose "stop working"?
                              And, when is it ever to long? Mine is 50 feet, and it works just as good from water heater to drain three feet away, as it does strung out to the yard.

Sounds like a punk kid. Talk to his boss, and tell your friends. Don't let him in your house again

Comment

Working...
                              X