X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when should I pay?

the process for a plumbing job is plumber "done" the job and then inspector come to do inspection.

For our customers, when should we pay? at the time plumber declare his job is "done" or at the time inspector says ok?

usually the contract just says pay all at the complete, but when is the complete.

Re: when should I pay?

Despite what the plumber may say, it's not 'done' until the inspector says it's ok

Unless the final inspection is delayed beyond the plumbers control then pay in full, less 10%. That's what we usually ask for.

Comment

Right now............... send the check to:

Daniel Lawrence
      Po Box 5555

You know what pm me and I will take a credit card.

You ever have to much coffee....

Comment

immediately after final inspection. breid...........

Comment

Would really depend.
          What did your plumber tell you? Collection after (backfill or whatever)
          Or when he was 100% done and already loaded up his tools?

I usually collect after everything is done and I never have to come back, exceptions apply. But I tell them, when payment is due.

Comment

At whatever are agreed to intervals.

If it is not pre arranged between customer and plumber then the payment schedule is when the job is complete.

If it is a larger job a contractor will take partial payments at major milestones (slab rough complete / Rough top out / fixtures set / Inspection complete) This still would need to be prearranged though.

Comment

I usually specify that 50% is due at the start of the job, 40% is due upon completion of rough in with inspector's approval, and 10% is due upon completion of finish with inspector's approval. works well for me and my customers.
              ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
              X