Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check valve leak

Hi guys,

On my sump pump outflow, I have a threaded ABS connection to a brass check valve, vertical. I used teflon on the threads and have redone it once. The top joint (the pressurized side) insists on slowly leaking onto the exterior of the valve body from the threads. I'm wondering if something else needs to be added here, like a washer or something. It went from a somewhat small leak the first time to a little dribble every 15 minutes or so. Is it just not tight enough?

Re: check valve leak

Originally posted by Millstone View Post
    Hi guys,

On my sump pump outflow, I have a threaded ABS connection to a brass check valve, vertical. I used teflon on the threads and have redone it once. The top joint (the pressurized side) insists on slowly leaking onto the exterior of the valve body from the threads. I'm wondering if something else needs to be added here, like a washer or something. It went from a somewhat small leak the first time to a little dribble every 15 minutes or so. Is it just not tight enough?
    You might have cross threaded it. If not, you might have to re-teflon it, tighten it, or both.

J.C.

Comment

cut your abs and install a Jackel checkvalve no threads

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
        cut your abs and install a Jackel checkvalve no threads
        That's what I just changed out because it was clunking so bad =)

I'm waiting for the new pipe dope I put on to set then I'll throw it all back together. Drain tile won't wait! =)

Comment

Working...
        X