Refrigerator water taste like plastic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerator water taste like plastic

Hi, I am looking for help. I had a plastic ice maker kit to my refrigerator and the plastic busted at the clamp. I went to lowes to get a new plastic kit and the so called plumbing expert at lowes told me to get the pcv hose with the fitting on the ends. I purchased the hose and it looks like one I would install on my toilet. Well any way I put it on and my water taste like I am drinking out of my garden hose and my wife says its a plastic taste. I just installed it yesterday and the guy told me at lowes today to give it time and it will go away. Should I give it time or get a new ice maker kit? Thanks

Re: Refrigerator water taste like plastic

Most don't use the plastic.
    Stainless braided is better.Some say it is not as good as copper tubing.

It will dissipate,just keep flushing.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I emptied all the ice out so the ice maker can keep flushing the line. I was thinking of getting the copper if I need to. Will I need to flush the copper line out? Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by mobo View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I emptied all the ice out so the ice maker can keep flushing the line. I was thinking of getting the copper if I need to. Will I need to flush the copper line out? Thanks again
        I would.
        Make sure you leave a lot extra for moving the unit back and forth.

Comment

Working...
        X