X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp. balance

Hey guys, quick question. This morning when LOML started making coffee my shower got hot. Is the automatic mixer rebuildable or does it have to be replaced. I think it is Moen, could be Delta, single handle about 12 years old.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Re: Temp. balance

Sounds like the balancing spool stuck.

Either brand will send you a cartridge within 3-5 days of your phone call.

On the Delta, do you just turn from right to left, or raise up then left or right?

Moen will be a pull out, then right or left, most times a teardrop crystal handle.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Dunbar could it also be a posi temp it would cycle off cold warm hot. I've fixed two posi temps and one moen trolls last month pull out the blance spool and shake it it should sound like a ball bering in can if not you may have hard water deposits and they will not cover under waranty. how ever this is a simple fix mix 1/2 cup warm water 1/2 cup white viniger let sit for 1/2 hour and it should be able to free up. I have also found small beads of solder jamed in between the spool. this part if you do have a moen will cost about $50 and may be worth the work.Just tring to help I have saved people lots of money buy fixing these things a lot "techs" would come to your house and and tell you that you have to 1. replace the faucet 2. even if you built the house or had the faucet installed make you pay full price for a new cartridge. But a real PLUMBER would be able to fix this. ok good luck Papadan let us know what happens.
      Last edited by Clipper City Plumber; 12-14-2009, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Handle straight down is off, rotate counter clockwise for cold/warm hot is straight up. No name on it. No solder beads in this one, whole house is CPVC.
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Price Pfister, maybe.

Can't see how the shroud holds to the wall, no screws.

I know this is asking alot but if you can remove the trim from that valve, it should be a no brainer to identify that faucet at that point.

I'm thinking it's a no name brand at this point, given no identification of the product on the trim.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

price pfister for the win

1-800-pfaucet

free parts.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
              Dunbar could it also be a posi temp it would cycle off cold warm hot. I've fixed two posi temps and one moen trolls last month pull out the blance spool and shake it it should sound like a ball bering in can if not you may have hard water deposits and they will not cover under waranty. how ever this is a simple fix mix 1/2 cup warm water 1/2 cup white viniger let sit for 1/2 hour and it should be able to free up. I have also found small beads of solder jamed in between the spool. this part if you do have a moen will cost about $50 and may be worth the work.Just tring to help I have saved people lots of money buy fixing these things a lot "techs" would come to your house and and tell you that you have to 1. replace the faucet 2. even if you built the house or had the faucet installed make you pay full price for a new cartridge. But a real PLUMBER would be able to fix this. ok good luck Papadan let us know what happens.
              Thanks Clipper very informative.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                price pfister for the win

1-800-pfaucet

free parts.

rick.
                For the win?
                You just won a free trip to Thailand for a big sale on fresh fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  For the win?
                  You just won a free trip to Thailand for a big sale on fresh fruit.
                  You're on today. The knife is sharp. Ride it while you can.

J.C.

Comment

Thanks Everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      You're on today. The knife is sharp. Ride it while you can.

J.C.
                      Oh I'll pay for it.
                      Garaunteedy.
                      Still funner than anything else at the moment.

Besides.I wouldn't be screwing around with Rick so much if he was one of these unbalanced internet freaks that dish it out but can't take it.
                      I could attempt to fully thermonucleate his ego and he still wouldn't miss a beat.He's a phenom

Comment

Working...
                      X