X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ice maker line

Hi, I just removed the plastic water line I installed on my ice maker last week. The water had a plastic taste and did not get any better so I removed it and installed a new copper line. My question is how long do I need to run water thru the copper line to get the plastic taste out, or for the water to start tasting normal.

Re: New ice maker line

the new filter should be flushed at least for 5 min. to clear carbon fines..
    Most dont know that the internal supply tube in the fridge is plastic

Comment

Thanks for your reply. The fridge is old and my old plastic water line broke and when I went to lowes the guy talked me into a hose like one that I would use on a toilet. The taste was bad so I put the new copper one on today so I thought it would clear up as soon as the new line was installed but its not I ran 5 big glasses of water thru it. Do I need to do more? Thanks again

Comment

Make sure that if you ever feed Reverse Osmosis water to your ice maker, go back to plastic tubing, or else the R.O. will cause the water to have an onion flavor.

Comment

Some refers have a holding tank that needs to be flushed and some refers coil the 1/4" inside the refer which is much easier to flush.

wookie

Comment

Working...
          X