Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

"how to" using Apollo pex pipe joiner...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "how to" using Apollo pex pipe joiner...

Tried to post this about an hour ago, or thought it posted, evidently not...

Anyway, putting in a DIY shower and I've got to cut the hot/cold water copper pipes ... so I can feed to separate hot/cold controls with new shower.

A friend of mine had used and had success with the Apollo Pex connectors... but it's too late to call him and it'll be too early on Sunday morn to call as well (as that is when my project starts)...

Okay, will try and make this all make sense...

I'm gonna use a 1/2 in x 1/2 in Elbow Push x MPT

On one end is the threaded male piece that will screw onto a flex hose that will go to the hot/cold water control on the shower... got that part down..no prob...

the other end has the part that you have to tighten up to secure the copper tubing to the Pex connector .... this is where I'm struggling... there is a piece of plastic tubing (for lack of better word) about 1 1/4 inch long... it is 7/16" in dia but one end has a flange that is 5/8" in dia and about 1/16" thick (flange).

According to the instructions... I'm going to insert this piece of plastic into the Pex connector...with the flange end out ... I guess at this point once the copper pipe is cut...

I will push the copper pipe against the flange end as far as it will go into the connector, hold it and then tighten up the Pex connector until I no longer see the colored ring on Pex (according to instructions)...

I know this seems crazy .. just follow the instructions... but how is this going to keep the water from leaking ???

Inside the area that I'm tightening up against the copper pipe there is what appears to be little metal teeth... do these teeth somehow hold the pipe against the flange ? these teeth are on a little circular fitting as well that is recessed down inside the Pex connector... does this circular piecs snap down flush onto the Pex connector ?

All help requested ! Thanks

Re: "how to" using Apollo pex pipe joiner...

Is this some kind of a joke? Your best bet is to throw that fitting in the trash and call a professional.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Devine Plumbing ???

Hey DP -

Nah it wasn't a joke, I'm so sorry that I could not describe it in a manner you could understand...

But considering your icon...maybe you are the joke, the one on the left or right in your icon...

I'm sorry, I guess I thought this site was where you went to seek help in those DIY-do it yourself jobs...

If you didn't know how to help, do like the other 20 + folks that viewed this ... say nothing if it can't be helpful, patient, constructive, etc... I mean for a guy that's got Scripture on his signature line, you should be familiar with a few scripture that talk about those things, right ?

Hey appreciate your reply though... you've definitely secured your place at the knuckehead for this board.

Comment

ignore dp, you would act like that to if someone sprayed perfume in your face. i don't know exactly what fittings you have. i have not seen apollo's fitting yet. or didn't know it. if you have time head back and buy some extra fittings and pex + copper. play with them until you figure it out. that's what i do when i came across something new. try it out in the shop. make sure i like it before i sell it. breid..........

Comment

its probably like 1/2 gatorbite x 1/2 male iron pipe 90 that lowes sales the insert goes inside the pex to stiffen it so it won't collapse and the teeth let go. same as a homeowner shark bite fitting but with the extra insert

Comment

Re: Devine Plumbing ???

Originally posted by davidv-soga View Post
            Hey DP -

Nah it wasn't a joke, I'm so sorry that I could not describe it in a manner you could understand...

But considering your icon...maybe you are the joke, the one on the left or right in your icon...

I'm sorry, I guess I thought this site was where you went to seek help in those DIY-do it yourself jobs...

If you didn't know how to help, do like the other 20 + folks that viewed this ... say nothing if it can't be helpful, patient, constructive, etc... I mean for a guy that's got Scripture on his signature line, you should be familiar with a few scripture that talk about those things, right ?

Hey appreciate your reply though... you've definitely secured your place at the knuckehead for this board.
            I see you met one of the Plumb Gods

Comment

Breid; Mr. Bonds; James P....

Seriously ... Thanks for y'alls input...

When I replied to DP, I had already figured it out; had the water back on and "hopefully" no leaks will occur...lol

It is similar to what Mr. Bonds described... but the crazy thing was the directions were not real direct; and the pics were misleading with regards to how it was supposed to be put together versus what was shown in the pics.

I had gone back to Lowe's and found a guy there that knew what he was talking about...

the hot water side worked like a charm... water on, no leaks... the cold water line...had a pretty consistent drip as the water was turned on... after several tries; taking it on and off, etc... got the drip to stop and as mentioned above... hopefully not drip will re-occur and seep out under the baseboard on the opposite side of the shower...

Thanks again... y'all take care; hope your Christmas was good and you all have a safe/great New Year !

Comment

Working...
              X