X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Sink Clog

I hope someone out there can help! Our kitchen sink (line?) has been clogged for two days. Between Christmas and my husband's birthday this week, I'm desparately trying to avoid calling a pro.

We've tried Drano, plunging and the Rigid Power Spin drum auger - all to no avail. I'm wondering if maybe the auger didn't clear it due to "operator error?" Any helpful advice would be MUCH appreciated.

Re: Kitchen Sink Clog

Originally posted by Clogged in Chattanooga :( View Post
    I hope someone out there can help! Our kitchen sink (line?) has been clogged for two days. Between Christmas and my husband's birthday this week, I'm desparately trying to avoid calling a pro.

We've tried Drano, plunging and the Rigid Power Spin drum auger - all to no avail. I'm wondering if maybe the auger didn't clear it due to "operator error?" Any helpful advice would be MUCH appreciated.
    Sorry for your troubles. But I also have to say that you may have exhausted your options at this point. I could give you all kinds of directions that will probably have you going back to Home Depot 3 times in the middle of the night.

I suggest you ask some of your neighbors, co-workers, friends for the number of a licensed plumber or reputable drain person in your area.

I have not heard or seen positive stories from people calling national names/franchises out of the phonebook.

Good Luck.

J.C.

Comment

Thanks - I appreciate your quick response. I'm feelin' lucky that our Home Depot doesn't stay open all night!

Comment

Originally posted by Clogged in Chattanooga :( View Post
        Thanks - I appreciate your quick response. I'm feelin' lucky that our Home Depot doesn't stay open all night!
        There is a member on here titled SlimTim from TN. I'm not sure if he will be in your area or not but he may be on later.

J.C.

Comment

The auto spin did not work because it is about useless for anything other than hair clogs in tubs and hand sinks. Make sure that when you have a Plumber come out and clean your drain for you that you tell him or her about the Draino you dumped down the drain.
          ________
          List of penny stocks
          Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:28 PM.
          Mike

Comment

Will do - thanks!

Comment

Bumping this for Tim if he's in the area.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
              X