X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise from gas shut off

Have installed a few ASSI Earth Quake Gas shut offs. Was told today one of them is making an intermittent noise. Has anyone experienced this? could be Gas meter next to it. Will check it out tomorrow. Any suggestions appreciated,as always. Happy New Year Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Noise from gas shut off

tool, welcome back

it's a pretty basic valve that has the least amount of pressure drop. i doubt it's a valve issue.

you did size the valve the same as the gas feeding the house and not just 3/4'' as the meter size, correct

the manufacturer is in santa monica/ venice calif.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thank.s Rick will check today.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Could be your meter. I've heard them whistle on more than one occasion.

Comment

Thanks Guys. Fabian from ASSI was a lot of help. Common squeaky noise is bellows in gas meter.It was new in 1982 . Makes sense,no movement in shut off unless an E quake. Also learned 200 degrees [fire ] shuts of an ASSI valve.

Comment

Working...
          X