Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Hire a Plumber Who Specializes in...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Hire a Plumber Who Specializes in...

The water pressure in my house is getting worse. I have a well and I suspect the problem may be the water tak in the house. Perhaps the diaphram is failing or something like that. The problem could also be the pump that's in the well itself.

Should I hire a plumber that specializes in well work to check this out or should a general plumber be able to do so?

Re: Should I Hire a Plumber Who Specializes in...

the problem is not in the "water tank". you need to start at the source. at the well. then into your house. a well driller. in indiana well drillers are not plumbers, may very where you are. a call from a well guy is cheaper here and that way you will know that you have sufficient water. then check into the house. if you don't have water at the well you could have a lot of bucks tied up here and still not have water. start at the source. breid............

Comment

Thanks for the info. I had someone look at the system. The pressure tank in the house was not holding pressure properly and the pressure switch was clogged causing it to work improperly. The well pump seems to be OK. The pressure tank, switch. After 30+ years of use, all were replaced.

Comment

You sure can't complain about thirty years of service. Too bad the stuff we buy today won't last that long.
        Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

you can still buy the old style galvanized tanks. no body wont's to. way to much maintenance. breid...............

Comment

We still use them for Sulphur Removal.

For Chlorine Retention they used to work well, but now that they are made from recycled beer cans, the life expectancy on one is far less than they once were.
            Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Working...
            X