Burping toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burping toilet

Hi, toilet bowl fills to brim then slowly emptys but dose not take waste and a small amount of water returns to bowl with a burping sound, I have used a closet auger but the problem still exists. Any ideas?

Thanks, George

Re: Burping toilet

line is plugged. when you run any other fixtures in that bathroom or anywhere else, will the toilet burp/ bubble?

an auger is only good for 3-6' and that's fine for a stoppage in a toilet or just past the flange.

test you other fixtures and see what happens to the toilet.

i take it that this is a ground floor toilet.

is there a cleanout that you can see into and make sure it's flowing?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Need more info.Toilet on bsmt or upper floor,
      does running other fixtures make the toilet come up?
      How far does this line run before the line picks up other fixture drains?
      Could be a main line problem.

Comment

Originally posted by churchi View Post
        Hi, toilet bowl fills to brim then slowly emptys but dose not take waste and a small amount of water returns to bowl with a burping sound, I have used a closet auger but the problem still exists. Any ideas?

Thanks, George

Take two Tums and have it rest for a while.

(I am not a doctor I just play one on the Ridgid Forum)

But seriously what ^ they said. we need more info but it does sound like your main is clogged. Any backups in the tub, sinks or basement if you have one?

Comment

All other fixtures work fine the toilet is on the second floor and everthing on the first floor works. Where are those Tums?

Comment

toilet on second floor needs to be pulled and the waste line needs snaking. of course a 5 gallon bucket test will tell you if the waste line is plugged.

the second floor waste for the toilet must run separately or the stoppage is before the common wye to the other fixtures/ sink/ shower/ tub/ bidet

there is a chance the problem is in the toilet, but if you augered it, chances are it's further down. do the bucket test and you'll know right away.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

you're on Rick!

It's the toilet.

Got an object in it.

pull the toilet, flip it over, and dig the tampon applicator out the bottom.

if, when you pull the toilet, the flange is holding water, Rick wins.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

alex, he's already augured it and it still is bad. unless he is using a toy auger, he should at least clear it enough to flush water.

the toilet is not flushing at all. an auger would have punched a hole in the stoppage if it was there.

i'll put up a k-60 shake against your root beer sno-cone

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I'm betting that auger didn't get through Rick. You either brush your teeth with the toothbrush in the trap or I'll drink a k-60 shake made with a used cutter at the next roundup. Sterilization to be performed by the victim.

Pop that stool off and report back churchi; there's taste treats on the line!
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

alex, i can only go by the information that's provided. he said he augerd it. don't know if it's 3' or 6'. but being he's an electrician, i would hope some of this plumbing stuff has rubbed off on him

i'm still saying the waste line based on the op info.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

is what it is; pop the stool and see. doesn't really matter; we'll probably never hear back anyway

said 'used a toilet auger' not 'got a general extendy all the way in' for all we know he used it to whack the dog in frustration....

I just know it's pretty rare to find a plugged toilet line that doesn't affect something else; it's almost always the toilet. And I just wanted to wind you up lol. congrats on not biting.

Comment

Rick you better be careful. Being an Electrician spells disaster down here. They dont like dirty things, real *****s most of them. For what its worth I dont think he got his auger down far enough. Also do you guys over there have those smelly things in the plastic clip that sits just under the rim to pick up the water as the flush goes past. I once had one dislodge and as much as we punched through with the little ridgid drain gun we still couldnt clear.

Pull the pan.

Comment

By the way Rick I am not trying to undermine you because I actually look forward to your posts. You share lots of information and great ideas which is good for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                            for all we know he used it to whack the dog in frustration....

Comment

I reaugered it an there must have been something caught it the toilet trap where I put a little more effort this time , it might have been the big dead fish from my aquarium that I flushed the other night. Allset now thankls for the replies.

Comment

Working...
                              X