Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shutoff valves at fixtures if using a manifold with valves?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutoff valves at fixtures if using a manifold with valves?

Under the Ontario Building Code (new house construction in Kitchener Ontario), I'm planning on installing the water supply system using PEX with a manifold, with separate supply piping for each fixture. If the manifold has a shutoff valve for each line, do you need an additional shutoff valve at each fixture? Is this an interpretation of the OBC or up to the local inspectors?

Ian

Re: Shutoff valves at fixtures if using a manifold with valves?

don't know your code, but you would be foolish not installing angle stops at each fixture. tubs and showers are a bonus if you have integral stops.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Ian, I personally would put an agnle stop at the fixture just for the purpose of repairs and ease of use... less headache for you or the contractor who may have to service the fixture in the future... or u can install 2 per line if the budget allows.
      if u cant bedazzle em with briliance, baffle em with bulls&*t

Comment

Originally posted by IanMiller View Post
        Under the Ontario Building Code (new house construction in Kitchener Ontario), I'm planning on installing the water supply system using PEX with a manifold, with separate supply piping for each fixture. If the manifold has a shutoff valve for each line, do you need an additional shutoff valve at each fixture? Is this an interpretation of the OBC or up to the local inspectors?

Ian
        Canadian National Plumbing Code only requires a shut off valve at the service main, the Hot Water Heater and each Toilet.

I'd put them in at the fixture anyway. It could save you in a leak or flood situation, plus if you ever have to service the fixture it makes more sense to me to turn it off at the source instead of at the manifold.

Comment

we use manablocs with 1/2" outlets and put stops at every fixture also if u have to change the balcock thats a lot of water coming from over head until it drains out if u don;t have a stop

Comment

Working...
          X